AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Software > OS, Software, Firmware, and BIOS

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 2nd September, 2004, 03:11 AM
Member/Contributer

Database help please.....

I have a document in Abobe Acrobat and I want to use the input fields to build a database. Is this possible?

I looked around in the help file a little but I just don't do help files very well. I was hoping to use the Adobe Document as a front-end for an Access database.

I guess I'm just looking for an answer if it can be done and maybe a suggestion of how. I seriously doubt I will be able to get access to work with this but maybe one of you know of something that will. Does Adobe have a database program?

To put it as simply as I can, I want to input info into this form and have the data saved to tables so I can generate reports based on one of 3 search fields. Maybe more search fields in the future but 3 is enough for now. I would also like to be able to bring up the original document the info was input into based on these same 3 search fields.

Am I asking for too much????

Any help will be appreciated...
----------------------------------------------

Last edited by Southern Man; 2nd September, 2004 at 03:25 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 2nd September, 2004, 04:28 AM
Member/Contributer

Thanks anyway guys but I think I have found my answer in another program.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 2nd September, 2004, 04:32 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

That's lucky! You'd have waited a long tme for my answer! ":O}
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 2nd September, 2004, 07:57 AM
Chief Systems Administrator

Access can do all that on it's own fairly easily. If you want to send a document out, and have the returned information put in automatically, it's a little more difficult.

Perhaps you should share your findings so far?
Old 2nd September, 2004, 04:07 PM
Member/Contributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Áedán
Access can do all that on it's own fairly easily. If you want to send a document out, and have the returned information put in automatically, it's a little more difficult.

Perhaps you should share your findings so far?
What I am doing is:

I have a friend who does title searches for mortgage companies on properties. She ends up looking up the same properties from year to year. To date she is doing all this on paper. I want to get her into the 21st century and help her be more efficiant and profitable.

I found a program called Omniform with which I can scan the form she uses to report with and make it into a computer form and it keeps a database as well. It is also searchable from any input field. Just what I needed. I only have the demo right now but it seems to be what we need. If she likes it we will be buying the reg. version.

As for MS Access, I know it is a much better DB tool but every time I open it my head starts to hurt.... The problem is I know just enough to be curious about using it, and just too dang dumb to understand how to. I had an Access DB for my appraisal business that one of my fellow appraisers built and I was good enough to go in and manipulate it to work better for me. I was building Macros and starting new tables, and creating new reports with it. I can play with what is already there, I just can't start from scratch. Maybe I'll buy the Idiots guide one day and figure it out.

Last edited by Southern Man; 2nd September, 2004 at 04:17 PM.
Old 2nd September, 2004, 05:19 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

Access is pretty simple when you get that it's nothing more than a database with some VB like tools attached to it.