AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Software > OS, Software, Firmware, and BIOS

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 7th December, 2007, 11:09 PM

2k install hangs on "Saving settings"

I must of done a couple of dozen 2k installs, but this is the first time I had one hang on "Saving settings"
I rebooted once, it picked up before that portion of the install process, but it again hung at the same spot.

I'm using a nLite edited 2k install w/ sp4 slipstreamed. I have used nLite with XP with no issue, but this was the first time I used it with 2k. (
nLite allows for a custom install of the O/S as a one program process to add files, slipsteam patches, SPs', drivers etc. and then burn a copy. It really makes the install nicer.)

This is on a systen that has a different HDD and video card, but the same PS, MB, processor & memory. I haven't tested the HDD with the utility from the manufacture for any errors yet, but I formatted ok through the Windows install.

Any ideas??
Old 8th December, 2007, 08:35 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

I can tell you nlite works fine for W2K, use it myself to get W2K to install on large Hard drives.

My guess would be that your created disk is to specific to the system you created it for. Wants to load the wrong drivers for you video card or something else.
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 8th December, 2007, 08:49 PM

I tried a 2k disk w sp4 slipstreamed (non nLite) and no problem. I did another nLite burn and the same thing happened again. Hangs 1/8 of the way into the "Saving Settings" screen. Why is there a problem??

If you add extra drivers, arent just the ones needed installed??

Last edited by videobruce; 8th December, 2007 at 09:15 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th December, 2007, 08:30 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Here's the best sourse I have on Nlite and it's uses...tought me what little I know and goes wway beyound that.
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 10th December, 2007, 02:05 PM

Either it was changed, downsized or something, but that didn't tell me anything I didn't alread know. It had no audio, was too brief and bypassed 80% of the process.

There is a bug in V1.4 that the writer of the program is working on.
V1.3.5 does work.
Old 10th December, 2007, 09:50 PM
Member/Contributer

What did you remove?
If you only added drivers and the SP you sould have no problems.
It could be a bad burn, have you tried lower settings? also create a sfv file, and check it against the burn

Corsair AX650
Asus P8H77-M PRO
i7 3770 (non K series)
- Noctua NH-L12 Low Profile CPU Cooler
2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X
Sapphire 7970
2 x SanDisk Extreme 120GB RAID 0
Western Digital Green 3TB
Asus Xonar Essence STX
TP Link TL-WN881ND
Fractal Design Arc Mini
- 2x Noctua NF-P12 120mm, 2x Noctua NF-P14 FLX 140mm, NZXT Sentry 2 LCD Fan Controller
Asus ML249H