AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Software > OS, Software, Firmware, and BIOS

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 1st June, 2002, 04:46 PM

boot manager

hi!
what boot manager you guys using? i'm using built in boot manager of WinXP... very boring to look at it. So... please recommend some graphical, beautiful, nice and attractive boot manager for me...
thank you~~ please~~
Old 2nd June, 2002, 05:29 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Welcome to AOA's Forums, wpchoo! Guess I'm a stick in the mud, I'm happy enough when a boot manager works! I only have experience with Linux's LILO, which has never looked good.
Old 6th June, 2002, 09:14 AM

Send a message via AIM to CeleryMan Send a message via Yahoo to CeleryMan

You could try PartitionMagic's multi-boot solution. It's a little more intreaguing to look at then XP or LILO.

P.S. Welcome!!

P.P.S. Dont wanna get too fancy, gunks up your memory.
Tear on your undesirable cry, the times that we've tried, and ended up making things worse than they were before, ever could have been or thought to be. Im moving on without you. Im moving on without my light, and no, I won't cry tonight..... - OBA
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 19th June, 2002, 03:51 AM

Send a message via ICQ to wonko the sane Send a message via AIM to wonko the sane

the loader that's part of redhat 7.2 is pretty good. i think it's called grub. not too dull, but simple.
One of the major problems with time travel is not that of accidentally becoming your own father or mother. There is no problem with changing the course of history-- the course of history does not change because it all fits together like a jigsaw. The major problem is quite simply one of gramar...
--Douglas Adams

My Heatware
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!