AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Software > OS, Software, Firmware, and BIOS

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 26th June, 2002, 04:39 AM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

DVD player

I am using Power DVD DL. After watching for a few min my machine just reboots. I installed it in my 2000 partition and it seems to work fine except sometimes the sound goes away. I have DX 8.1 and anything else I can think of. Tried default clock speeds, ( I know such drastic measures ) , any clues here?

Is there anything that is better that wont cost 40 bucks. Is there anything for Media player?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26th June, 2002, 02:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to CeleryMan Send a message via Yahoo to CeleryMan

As long as you have a DVD player, you should be able to play a DVD in Windows Media Player with no problem. In Windows 2K that should be the case, anyway. If you have another windows installed, say Windows 98, you need to have WMP 7.1 or above. (Windows Update). That should solve your issues. You may at most need drivers for your DVD. I doubt that, though. If you had Win XP, your problems would be solved!! :-D
Tear on your undesirable cry, the times that we've tried, and ended up making things worse than they were before, ever could have been or thought to be. Im moving on without you. Im moving on without my light, and no, I won't cry tonight..... - OBA
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26th June, 2002, 02:51 PM

I am running Win 98 and 2000. So your telling me that in 2000 I should be able to play a DVD using Media player 7.1? And the same in 98 if I get that update? Power DVD seems buggy to me. Plus it's only a trial. I will try this when I get home. Who knows it may be my excuse to step up to XP....BTW my Player is a Toshiba. I don't think it needs drivers. I works just the software stinks...

Thanks
Old 26th June, 2002, 02:54 PM

Funny, I have my Toshiba 1612 coming in the mail to be delivered TODAY!! And, yes WMP 7.1 should play back your DVD. But, for instance, I have Windows XP on my box, so when I get my drive. I just pop it right in!! lol.
Tear on your undesirable cry, the times that we've tried, and ended up making things worse than they were before, ever could have been or thought to be. Im moving on without you. Im moving on without my light, and no, I won't cry tonight..... - OBA
Old 26th June, 2002, 02:55 PM

Ahh shutup....

J/K

Don't make me go out and buy a new os now...

That might be hard to take...LOL
Old 26th June, 2002, 07:47 PM
Banned

The demo version of powerdvd stops playing sound after 5 minutes, it's the part that makes it a "demo"

I have not verified windows media player to play dvds yet, I never have (and as far as I know you can't, yet).
Old 27th June, 2002, 12:26 PM

Got my DVD and my Santa Cruz in ysterday afternoon, then I went to sleep. lol. I was up all night before last listening to music. Well, you're right, Pinky, without some kind of decoder software, WMP wont do squat. I thought it would. (Sorry, Sam! ) You still have to have a DVD decoder software to use it. But, I have a way around that. Sam, PM me, and i'll tell you a sure-fire way to do it. Trust me, this one works.