AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > General > Random Nonsense!

Random Nonsense! A general discussion on all earthly and heavenly things.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 22nd July, 2016, 06:01 PM
Mars Rover Champion, Joust Champion

Send a message via MSN to Kaitain Send a message via Skype™ to Kaitain

Guys

I feel like that guy from 28 Days Later, walking through a deserted, abandoned London.

I miss this place and everything in it. I miss the the friends we made, the systems we made (and promptly fritzed by going one step too far). I miss the first and last Camp AOA. I miss the grand debates where a much younger and more certain me took on your whole ****ing continent, and was proven right by history. But not so much about God, who is still a myth... allegedly.

So I come back and see cloasters as the poor old curator of the abandoned museum, welcoming every tourist that just pops in to use the toilet and occasionally rattling 'round a favoured exhibit.

Please - do yourselves a favour. Close these boards to new registrations. Its time has passed and it's not coming back.

My email address hasn't changed - PM me on here and it'll be delivered. Love to you all!
Old 23rd July, 2016, 03:31 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Wonderful to hear from you Kaitain! Please check your Private Messages.
Old 23rd July, 2016, 08:56 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Hey Kaitain!

You're right that overclocking as an art has passed.

Come by GamersOnLinux. Some of the old gang is still there.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 24th July, 2016, 12:24 PM
Mars Rover Champion, Joust Champion

Send a message via MSN to Kaitain Send a message via Skype™ to Kaitain

Hi all

This is where I creep in sheepishly and admit that I don't actually remember starting this thread. I'd been at a colleague's leaving party and...

Yeah. Um. Sorry about the tone of it. I'm frankly amazed I could log in at all! Thanks for the PM, cloasters

Sure I'll take a quick peak at gamersonlinux - I think my 6 year old laptop might just about be able to run one or two older titles, though Kerbal Space Program caused it to overheat and die with alarming regularity!
Old 24th July, 2016, 12:31 PM
Irreverent Query Chairman

Hey Kaitain, you have been missed. Be sure to hang out whenever you're free at the other site: you'll fit right in.

Plenty of philosophical discussions still going on, now that Daniel is back at the peak of his powers.
#1: Tt Armor, ASUS Maximus Extreme, QX9650@4.1G, 8G Corsair Dominator GT DDR3-2000, Corsair HX1050, H2O-Swiftech, Gigabyte GTX470/Arctic Accelero Xtreme Plus II, Intel 520 SSD, Kingston SSD, 2xRaptor 150G RAID0, Win 7 Pro 64
#2: Tt Shark, ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo, Q6600@3.8G, 4G HyperX-1600, Corsair HX850, CoolerMaster V10, 2xASUS 9600GT, 2xRaptor 74G RAID0, OCZ Vertex 4 SSD, Gentoo/siduction Linux [64-bit]
#3, #4: Opteron 170@2.75G nude, A8N-SLI Deluxe, Gentoo

AOA Folding @HomeOur sister site: www.gamersonlinux.com

Last edited by ThunderRd; 24th July, 2016 at 12:32 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 2nd August, 2016, 03:23 AM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
I feel like that guy from 28 Days Later, walking through a deserted, abandoned London.

I miss this place and everything in it. I miss the the friends we made, the systems we made (and promptly fritzed by going one step too far). I miss the first and last Camp AOA. I miss the grand debates where a much younger and more certain me took on your whole ****ing continent, and was proven right by history. But not so much about God, who is still a myth... allegedly.

So I come back and see cloasters as the poor old curator of the abandoned museum, welcoming every tourist that just pops in to use the toilet and occasionally rattling 'round a favoured exhibit.

Please - do yourselves a favour. Close these boards to new registrations. Its time has passed and it's not coming back.

My email address hasn't changed - PM me on here and it'll be delivered. Love to you all!

OK. That actually gave me a good laugh. Been forever. If that was "impaired" writing I am impressed for sure. Well done.
Old 3rd August, 2016, 02:48 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

It's wonderful to hear from you, Samuknow! I hope all is well with you and your's.
Old 5th August, 2016, 11:39 AM
Irreverent Query Chairman

Sam! Sheesh, man. Come and say hello on the new site.

Doesn't matter if you are a Linux guy or not. You are missed.

B.
#1: Tt Armor, ASUS Maximus Extreme, QX9650@4.1G, 8G Corsair Dominator GT DDR3-2000, Corsair HX1050, H2O-Swiftech, Gigabyte GTX470/Arctic Accelero Xtreme Plus II, Intel 520 SSD, Kingston SSD, 2xRaptor 150G RAID0, Win 7 Pro 64
#2: Tt Shark, ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo, Q6600@3.8G, 4G HyperX-1600, Corsair HX850, CoolerMaster V10, 2xASUS 9600GT, 2xRaptor 74G RAID0, OCZ Vertex 4 SSD, Gentoo/siduction Linux [64-bit]
#3, #4: Opteron 170@2.75G nude, A8N-SLI Deluxe, Gentoo

AOA Folding @HomeOur sister site: www.gamersonlinux.com
Old 5th August, 2016, 08:25 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Indeed, Sam! Come to the light! Or at least come and say hello!
Old 6th August, 2016, 02:26 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

I beg your pardon, Samuknow. Please have a gander at GamersOnLinux.com . We'd love to see you there!
Old 19th August, 2016, 11:23 PM
Member/Contributer

Did I miss the party, already? :-)
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 9_3_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/601.1.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/9.0 Mobile/13G35 Safari/601.1
Old 20th August, 2016, 01:55 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Howdy Allan!
It's great to see you on the old board! I hope you and your family are very well!
Daniel ~ started a new web site about three years ago, I'm remiss in my duty to let you know about it. My very bad!

It is: GamersOnLinux.com . Very few folks (except Dan ~, of course) bother to overclock these days, because CPU's right out of the box are rather impressive. Finally.

GamersOnLinux.com welcomes all, especially old users from AOA. You don't have to be a Linux user to post there.

Be very well!
cloasters
Old 16th September, 2016, 08:35 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

I missed this post!

It's never easy saying goodbye to something that so many have cherished Yet as K. points out, if we do not say it, time passes us by.

My feeling is that we have created an opportunity with GOL.
A chance for all of us, as many of us as wish to to continue our friendships.

.In short AOA's time has passed. It was probably the best time of my life.

But as they say...this to will pass.
See you all in GOL Forums at lest that is my fond hope.":O}
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Last edited by Daniel ~; 16th September, 2016 at 08:39 PM.
Old 17th September, 2016, 04:09 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

You were the most excellent tip-top poster AOA ever had, Dan ~. My word, I still remember how you gave your all to start our site. And you kept its heart and soul in place for many years. Your enthusiasm for overclocking hasn't waned after all these years. Yes, good people, Daniel STILL overclocks! And uses liquid cooling!

Most folks haven't taken on all of that bother for quite a few years, so we faded into the past. Few of us post here nowadays. What can I say, I'm sentimental about AOA.

Believe it or not for those that don't recall, Dan ~ put his all into starting a brand new web site about four years ago. It centers on Linux, yet all are welcome there.

GamersOnLinux

Hope to see you there!
Old 17th September, 2016, 09:49 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

My Gosh! it's been 4 years!

" Bucky be bold
Make new friends
but keep the old
One is silver
the other is Gold"

GOL is all about Gaming in Linux.

But we talk about everything and anything that interests us.

In this case "US" might well mean you! ":O}

"Bucky...Be Bold"!

come by us and say hello!
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 19th September, 2016, 12:11 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

Wow, I managed to miss all this thread until now! How could this have happened?
Old 19th September, 2016, 08:38 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aedan View Post
Wow, I managed to miss all this thread until now! How could this have happened?
Wait, you mean you have a life?
Old 20th September, 2016, 01:43 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

It's good to hear from you, Aedan! Perhaps I'm too attached to this history of all of our efforts. Yes, we're hitting on one and a half cylinders most of the time. Being immodest I think I'm most of one of those cylinders much of the time.

Do you still work for Blackberry?
Old 22nd September, 2016, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
Wait, you mean you have a life?
Is that what it is called these days? I'm not convinced about it yet.
Old 22nd September, 2016, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloasters View Post
Do you still work for Blackberry?
Yup, I still work for BlackBerry doing all sorts of things. Mostly hitting things with a big hammer though... one of those things I do best.