AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Case Modifications > The Chop Shop

The Chop Shop This is where our case Moding team meet with members interested in learning and apply moding skills to their computer cases.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.33 average.
Old 27th June, 2008, 04:02 PM

Count me in. I'll have to go searching for my victim this weekend. I don't have any mATX boards around so it will have to be an ATX build..
Old 27th June, 2008, 07:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to captaincurran Send a message via MSN to captaincurran Send a message via Yahoo to captaincurran Send a message via Skype™ to captaincurran

i got my case now! are we allowed to start modding already? or do we have to be on the honour system to not mod till monday?

btw i spent $32 on a midsized ATX case. and got a new MOBO and CPU. so i'm majorly excited about this case mod An Energy Mobo Model 865 and a P4 3ghz CPU! Woot! i broke the 2ghz mark!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 27th June, 2008, 08:09 PM

I'm kind of excited for the same reasons capt is. I just finished testing my new DFI LP P35 board and am really looking forward to maybe actually having a board that warrants hooking up my phase change unit..
Old 28th June, 2008, 01:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to captaincurran Send a message via MSN to captaincurran Send a message via Yahoo to captaincurran Send a message via Skype™ to captaincurran

phase change unit? So it can phase and be cloaked? Better make it into a variable phase inverter unit.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 28th June, 2008, 09:23 PM
AOA Staff

I have a really old case that will definitely qualify for the $40 tower. Its pretty small too. Its pink on one side. My goal is to mod and paint the case without spending any money at all. I plan to use all my existing paints, plexi, and hardware. I have so much paint and stuff, this should work. I'll try to plan my time wisely.
PlayOnLinux 4.2.10
Linux Guides: PC Games Linux Beginners Tips Linux Games List
Mack Truck Dungeon Of Fire Spray Booth Tutorial
Old 29th June, 2008, 12:00 AM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via ICQ to Azriel

Start cutting whenever your want. The delay in the start time was to give people a couple days to see it and still have a month.

Last edited by Azriel; 29th June, 2008 at 12:00 AM.
Old 29th June, 2008, 02:24 AM
AOA Staff

here is a case I've choosen to mod. I have black and grey paint to use and I might blend in some blue or white. Its a very old case. It says CTX on the side and has a cool motherboard tray.
Maybe I should keep that light purple on the side?
Contest: What can you do with a  case*?-ctx-case.jpg
PlayOnLinux 4.2.10
Old 29th June, 2008, 02:26 AM

perhaps you should make it a footstool case mod. cuz mine's gonna put it's feet up on your case :P

J/k

Old 29th June, 2008, 03:15 AM

Is there going to be an honorable mention catagory or at least "we need to humour this one."
For those that probly won't quite qualify?

1ST Thermaltake V9 Case * Windows 7 x64 * Gigibyte GM-MA74GM-S2 * Phenom X4 9650 2.3Ghz @ 2.76GHz * G Skill 4 GB DDR2 * EVGA Geforce 9800GT 512GB * Antec 650w

Last edited by PorPorMe; 29th June, 2008 at 03:16 AM.
Old 29th June, 2008, 03:15 PM
Member/Contributer

On the booman case, hell yes you can use some recycled commercial PC case. That's a pretty cool case, btw. Looks like a lot of plastic skin on it. Definitely your element. Booman + Dremel + plastic..... stiff competition imo. The dungeon case really impressed me.

Curran, I know we are going to see something cool out of you too. Hell, my next case is definitely your school of thought. I am kicking it up a notch though, and for once, not saying a word till it's done.

Porporme. Your buget is probably why you are so set on losing. Why don't you just go nuts and submit something sooo far outside the rules that we have to give you the "dirty dirty cheater award". It'd be a funny contrast. Kinda a win for losing thing. Make a mockery of the rules. I know you can do it.

Last edited by Azriel; 29th June, 2008 at 03:33 PM.
Old 29th June, 2008, 03:49 PM

Since you insist, I reluctently agree to throw my hat (or case in this case) into the ring!
Hear we go!!!

1ST Thermaltake V9 Case * Windows 7 x64 * Gigibyte GM-MA74GM-S2 * Phenom X4 9650 2.3Ghz @ 2.76GHz * G Skill 4 GB DDR2 * EVGA Geforce 9800GT 512GB * Antec 650w

Old 29th June, 2008, 03:56 PM
AOA Staff

dirty dirty cheater award?
I like that....
PlayOnLinux 4.2.10
Old 29th June, 2008, 05:22 PM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Dirty dirty rat!!!
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Old 29th June, 2008, 06:14 PM

Hey-easy fellas-I'm sensitive! You wouldn't want to hurt my feelings would ya? One rule I know I'm not going to break. Depending on how I dress this up, the whole shooten match will come in under $20! Is there going to be a Cheap Award? I think I got a shot at that one too. OOPs no receipts!
Just thought-in the true spirit of my entry-I need to spend more scheckels than the rest of those hacks. OOH,Well

Last edited by PorPorMe; 29th June, 2008 at 11:23 PM.
Old 30th June, 2008, 03:54 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:
Depending on how I dress this up, the whole shooten match will come in under $20! Is there going to be a Cheap Award?
The poor are alway flaunting their advatages over the rich! I'm ashamed for you Por Por me! Did you even stop to think how you were making the rich feel about themselves!?

Try to do better! Try to spend more! ":O}
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 1st July, 2008, 02:18 PM
Member/Contributer

Definitely. Even this contest is slanted to favor the poor. Emphasizing skill and not money? We should be ashamed. What have we become....
Old 1st July, 2008, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azriel View Post
Definitely. Even this contest is slanted to favor the poor. Emphasizing skill and not money? We should be ashamed. What have we become....
As of this date: 06/01/08. All relationships, no mater the value, are put on hold. THE CONTEST HAS BEGUN!

P.S.
"The poor shall inherate the earth."
it's something like that. You would know this if you would just read the BOOK once in awhile. There is something about needles and camels and stuff but I don't remember that part.

Old 1st July, 2008, 04:38 PM
Member/Contributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorPorMe View Post
As of this date: 06/01/08. All relationships, no mater the value, are put on hold. THE CONTEST HAS BEGUN!

P.S.
"The poor shall inherate the earth."
it's something like that. You would know this if you would just read the BOOK once in awhile. There is something about needles and camels and stuff but I don't remember that part.
Relationships on hold... glad i am not "in" this contest.
Old 1st July, 2008, 04:43 PM
Space Invaders Champion, Takion Champion

I didn't know you lived in the past, porporme...what's it like?
"this happened to me once, only i kept wiping my nose in my sleep, so it was my hands that were covered in blood when i woke up. i saw my hands, and was like, "dear diary, all i remember is watching half a movie and falling asleep on the couch?" -Ryan North
Old 1st July, 2008, 05:11 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

I'll bet Same as now,...but it cost a whole lot less and made a lot more sense...":O}
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic