AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   The Chop Shop (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/116-the-chop-shop/)
-   -   w00t. Suggestion; AOA Mod Team (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/the-chop-shop/35990-w00t-suggestion-aoa-mod-team.html)

raphael2040 29th March, 2006 09:31 AM

w00t. Suggestion; AOA Mod Team

Hey all,

I was just wondering, since we have hardware and software experts already, would it be worth putting together a AOA Mod team? Just a small group of l33t modders, who are more than willing to help other modders, new or experienced, with their own respected projects, whether it be big or small. I know as a forum, some of us (I use the term 'us' loosely, as I hardly post in the modding section) already do this, but I thought it might be a good idea to have a team dedicated to this specific area. Perhaps they could even throw How-to and 'Modding for Dummies' guides. =)

Thoughts plx?

Aedan 29th March, 2006 10:47 AM

Now, that would be a great idea, if we have a sufficient number of people who are motivated.

Rondog 29th March, 2006 02:56 PM

Im more than willing to throw perfectly good hardware on the chopping block. :) Count me in.

Favu 29th March, 2006 02:57 PM

I would totally be up for this :thumbsup:

captaincurran 29th March, 2006 05:26 PM

i'm good to go for it! i'm crazy enough to mod almost anything. (see Modded Network Hub of Klingony DOOM!!)

cadaveca 29th March, 2006 05:29 PM

I'm in too. Videocard and motherboard mods taken care of here. I've done a few guides in the past...and have been thinking about redoing them all...the tradeshow season is about to get a bit slow, so I'll have more time to devote to AoA and getting done what i would like done.

Daniel ~ 29th March, 2006 06:18 PM

So the question seems to be, how can we best facilitate this for our members and our emerging mod team?

What kind structure would you like to see?

raphael2040 29th March, 2006 06:42 PM

Well, nothing -too- complicated, Daniel. Just a team structured enough to assist others with modding problems, or advice.

Heck, we could even have a modding competition of some sort. But let's think about that later.

What I would like to see, basically, is a team dedicated to helping others mod to the best of their ability. ^_^.

Also, if this is approved, I would like to be a part of the team, too =D

Daniel ~ 29th March, 2006 06:54 PM

What would you guys think of a Sub-forum off the Case mod forums called

"The Chop Shop"

or something along those lines. A member could pull in, park their project, gather tips and suggestions, begin work and post progress reports and gather futher suggestions as time goes by?

Talk among yourselves and let us know how we can futher your aims!!

Pitch 29th March, 2006 06:59 PM

And how about a custom badge just to go with it? :)

Favu 29th March, 2006 07:01 PM

I don't know how the other guys feel about this, but I feel it would be cool to have something like the SJ Labs to put completed mods and guides and such in :)

Daniel ~ 29th March, 2006 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Favu
I don't know how the other guys feel about this, but I feel it would be cool to have something like the SJ Labs to put completed mods and guides and such in :)

Very do-able.

We'd need one or more editors to get a good result. Poor results mean few will return for a second look. So we need to end up with a good product if we want to go to a front page section...still, very do-able!

Pitch 29th March, 2006 08:41 PM

If you need someone to just break things, count me in!

raphael2040 29th March, 2006 08:44 PM

Though I don't have many posts, I'll be more than willing to help in the 'editing' area of things. So, count me in. =)

As for a custom badge...

I was thinking a custom siggy, much like the F@H one. Do you reckon one of our graphics editors could make one? =D

Pitch 29th March, 2006 08:47 PM

Ermm... That's what I was referring to.. and erm.. I made them ><

Don't worry, I'll forgive you ;)

raphael2040 29th March, 2006 08:50 PM

Oh. Apologies, Mr Pitch, I wasn't aware that you made them =(.

Do you think you could conjur up some modding 'badges', then? =D

Pitch 29th March, 2006 08:52 PM

I can't see it being a problem.

Favu 29th March, 2006 09:01 PM

I vote we make Raphael captain of the modding team, since it was his idea! :thumbsup:

(if he is up for it, that is ;) )

raphael2040 29th March, 2006 09:02 PM

Yay. Thank you, Pitch.

And yes, as Favu indirectly pointed out to me over Xfire, we need a captain/head of 'The Mod Squad'. Would it be wising in nominating people, or would it be easier if people nominated themselves?

I wanna nominate me =D. And I see Favu wants to nominate me, too.

Danke, Favu =D

Favu 29th March, 2006 10:29 PM

Welcome! :)

Maybe we should make a thread for people to vote for the captain? What does everyone think?