AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   The Chop Shop (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/116-the-chop-shop/)
-   -   Wanted; Members for 'The Mod Squad' (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/the-chop-shop/36094-wanted-members-for-the-mod-squad.html)

raphael2040 6th April, 2006 08:49 PM

Wanted; Members for 'The Mod Squad'

OK. My first job as Mod Squad captain is to, well, assemble a Mod Squad.

If you're willing to help the growth of our newly formed team, put your name down here. Please note that there will be a limit on the size of the squad, and I will select members on the basis of how active they are on the forums, how helpful and friendly they are to others, and their modding ability. Please only put your name down if you have the time, interest and are willing to put in a lot of extra hours for the squad.

If you feel you want to be part of the squad, please put your name down, as well as why you want to be part of it. Modding ability should also be added as well, because it is nice to have some modders on a modding team. =)

Raphael.....out.

Favu 6th April, 2006 08:52 PM

I would be up for this! :thumbsup:

Ummm, I like long walks in the park....

just kiding

I like fiddling with things, I guess. Does that count as a good reason?

danrok 6th April, 2006 09:33 PM

I'd say having a digi-cam would be helpfull as well.

captaincurran 6th April, 2006 10:03 PM

*Polishes Command Pips* Well, To start i'm high up in starfleet command... umm i like to boldly mod things that no one has gon- err modded before

Re: Network Hub, Klingon Kase (always being modded), The IDIC, i even modded my lamp to include a switch so i don't need to reach up for it.

AND i've got a web cam that i can take pictures with!

QSDT 6th April, 2006 10:57 PM

I'll be in on that, I love making water cooling parts as well as other things and have a digital camera.

raphael2040 6th April, 2006 11:19 PM

OK.

So far, I'm willing to recruit the following people;

- Favu
- Captain
- QSDT

Danrok, you didn't express whether you want to be in the squad or nay. Would you like to be a part of the team?

cadaveca 7th April, 2006 02:36 AM

Count me in for videocard mods.

tiamat63 7th April, 2006 02:59 AM

I'm actually quite good with a tig and a cutting torch...that help?

Havent developed a steady hand with a dremmel yet, but I'm quite inventive (when its necessary) My only problem is I need to buy a digi cam. But I get paid tommorrow, so that could be a very real possibility. I'm trying to think of what else I'm good at (modding wise)

QSDT 7th April, 2006 02:59 AM

So how is this going to work?

cadaveca 7th April, 2006 03:04 AM

I think posting logs of your work w/pc's is a good place to start...and seeing how it's the MOD squad, the more you mod from the norm, the better.

The sort of stuff we find here:

http://www.aoaforums.com/frontpage/c...egory/3/10/31/

QSDT 7th April, 2006 04:21 AM

This is good timing for the chop shop as I will soon start making a new reservoir full alloy passive cooled, and then I'm going to mod an old AT server case to take all the new stuff out there. So any ideas will be haled with many thanks.:D

Rondog 7th April, 2006 06:07 AM

Im up for mods. I could mod video cards as well. Not high end ones like cadaveca, because I dont have that much cash behind me. But other ones, certainly. And just general case mods.

I have access to a digi camera too.

raphael2040 7th April, 2006 08:58 AM

So, we have both Rondog and Cadaveca on video card mods. Unfortunately, we only require ONE team member in this area, at the moment, so I'll need to select one of you two to work in the 'video card' area.

Also, since I can only have 6 members in the team (at the moment), there are only 3 places left. If no-one else is willing to be a part of the team, then I will recruit more people in a specific area, like video cards, for example.

Rondog 7th April, 2006 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raphael2040
So, we have both Rondog and Cadaveca on video card mods. Unfortunately, we only require ONE team member in this area, at the moment, so I'll need to select one of you two to work in the 'video card' area.

Also, since I can only have 6 members in the team (at the moment), there are only 3 places left. If no-one else is willing to be a part of the team, then I will recruit more people in a specific area, like video cards, for example.

cadaveca can I have video cards, and if there is a place i can general mods.

chrisbard 7th April, 2006 11:05 AM

I think you need all the hands you can get Ralph !

/smile/

MONKEYMAN 7th April, 2006 11:24 AM

I dont have a lot of time for doing any mods so I wont volunteer for the Mod's team but if you want a hand with editing/presenting your mods or need any bits and pieces then just ask.

raphael2040 7th April, 2006 05:22 PM

Rondog, you can help with general mods. Cadaveca, you can help with video card mods.

Quote:

I think you need all the hands you can get Ralph !
I have no idea who Ralph is. =)

Quote:

but if you want a hand with editing/presenting your mods or need any bits and pieces then just ask.
Will do. Thanks for the offer. =)

So, we have 4 members currently. We require 2 more. =)

chrisbard 7th April, 2006 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raphael2040
I have no idea who Ralph is. =)

Me neither but he keps showing up randomly :rolling: :thumbsup:

Good luck Raphael ! I think someone should have a change in his description ! :crazy:

raphael2040 7th April, 2006 08:35 PM

Quote:

I think someone should have a change in his description
Oh? And what should the description be changed to, hm? =D

Daniel ~ 8th April, 2006 12:30 AM

My fault, I should have set a few guidelines. We pretty much try to accommodate any member who wishes to participate in our team efforts.

It's the very nature of online life that it is a secondary pursuit at best for even the more dedicated. People come and go, that's just the way it is.

This being so we gather as many troops at the start of an interprize as we can and add where we can as we go. This not only creates a broader participation and interest in a project, but moves it along towards completion.

Those who have more time will do more, those with less will do what they can, we do well to appreceate both contributions.

So if you have an interest I'm sure raphael2040 can make a bit of room for you, this is cyber space after all, shouldn't be to crowed.":O}