AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   The Chop Shop (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/116-the-chop-shop/)
-   -   Update of the Mod Squad (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/the-chop-shop/37083-update-of-the-mod-squad.html)

raphael2040 3rd July, 2006 09:58 AM

Update of the Mod Squad

Okay, so, I've been Captain of the MS for a while now, and I really can't say that I've done anything as captain. This post is directed towards all current Mod Squad members, as well as other modders wanting to be a part of the squad.

At the moment, the squad consists of the following;

Raphael - Captain
Favu - Vice Captain
Pitch - Vice Captain
Cap'n Curran
Cadaveca
MONKEYMAN
Rondog

I'd appreciate it if the above people could post here, just to let me know that they are still willing to be a part of the squad.

Now, as for the team itself, there's gonna be a few changes. -clears throat-

Firstly, at least one project will be completed bi-weekly. This project must be done as a team, unless someone within the team has a mod to show off or something, in which case, we'll clean up the mod so it's frontpage-able. That brings me onto my second point.

Point the second; We need at least one editor who can clean up mods/tutorials/guides, so that they are ready to be frontpaged. I nominate Pitch, but if anyone else is willing to do it, then please let me know.

Finally, I want to propose something to the admins. I was wondering if it would be possible if the MS could have their own password-protected board within the Case Mod section. Of course, if we had it, we'd make full use of it. It's just that we need somewhere to discuss upcoming projects, and where we can have mini-meetings and such.

In short, I would like to say;

Rawr.

MONKEYMAN 3rd July, 2006 10:15 AM

I didn't even know I was in it LOL, also I dont think a password-protected board is the way to go, it just excludes other members from adding input, however why not use the PM function or create a Mod-squad members discussion/planning thread?

raphael2040 3rd July, 2006 10:37 AM

Yeah, I guess you're right.

Maybe a thread would be a better idea. ^_^;

Rondog 3rd July, 2006 11:00 AM

Yeah, that sounds fine. Im happy with whatever. I have just started school holidays, and while I have three assessments to do (english, chemistry and physics) I still hope to find the time to write 3 guides.

One will be a simple one. Creating a test power supply.

The second will be a beginners guide to modifying a case, with a window, yet not using perspex. ;) (I need to get hold of an angle grinder though).

The third is not exactly what we are after, but I believe it has its merits.
Why should we limit ourselves to modifying computers? I will be installing a complete sound system (head unit, amp, sub, and 6x9's) into my car, as well as interior and exterior neon lights. Could this perhaps go into a 'misc' section of mods?

Favu 3rd July, 2006 11:16 AM

I'd be happy to give the editing a go if Pitch doesn't want to do it :)

Other than that = GOOO TEAM!

errr SQUAD!

GOOO SQUAD!

raphael2040 3rd July, 2006 12:45 PM

Quote:

Why should we limit ourselves to modifying computers? I will be installing a complete sound system (head unit, amp, sub, and 6x9's) into my car, as well as interior and exterior neon lights. Could this perhaps go into a 'misc' section of mods?
We've never been restricted to just computers. Nor are we restricted to just hardware mods. Software mods are equal in merit.

And yes, misc. mods sounds like a good idea. Lemme know what you have in mind. =)

QSDT 3rd July, 2006 01:24 PM

I'm feeling left out, QSDT put his hand up in the first minutes to be part of the team:(

Rondog 3rd July, 2006 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QSDT
I'm feeling left out, QSDT put his hand up in the first minutes to be part of the team:(

Dont feel left out. Just write a guide for a home made water cooler. ;)

raphael2040 3rd July, 2006 03:28 PM

Quote:

I'm feeling left out, QSDT put his hand up in the first minutes to be part of the team
Hm, sorry about that.

However, if you show potential, and can write a good mod/tutorial and present it to me, there may be a spot for you on the MS. =) It would mean kicking out our inactive members! = =;

danrok 3rd July, 2006 05:30 PM

QSDT has already made quite a contribution at AOA in the world of modding. He would be a valuable member of the squad!

QSDT 3rd July, 2006 10:49 PM

I'll start doing some writing. Who would I send my rough draft to for cleaning up? It shouldn't be that bad though.

danrok 3rd July, 2006 10:53 PM

You can email it to me at:

danrok@aoaforums.com

For photos, send the originals seperately if possible.

Rondog 4th July, 2006 09:42 AM

Things that are written as articles for the Mod Squad, do these get submitted in the same fashion to Gizmo, Danrok and Pitch, as the $25 thing? Meaning, do writing articles for the Mod Squad (provided they comply with the $25 thing rules) enable us to be paid for writing articles?

And no, im not being the materialistic one, im asking because any money that is to be paid to me, I will be donating to AOA.

Daniel ~ 4th July, 2006 10:05 AM

Yes, who ever does the writing and makes the submission...your on your own as to figuring this out from there...

Rondog 4th July, 2006 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel ~
Yes, who ever does the writing and makes the submission...your on your own as to figuring this out from there...

Huh...What do you mean Daniel ~? You kinda lost me.

Daniel ~ 4th July, 2006 10:23 AM

If a group project is submitted it is eligible to receive payment. However AOA will only pay the person who writes the actual article and submits it. If some division of that payment is to be made, that's up to the team to do, not AOA!

raphael2040 4th July, 2006 10:31 AM

Ah, I see Daniel.

The way it shall work, then.

If we get paid for group projects, we'll donate the money to AOA.

For solo projects, the person who wrote it and submitted it will take the credit. (Read; editing or cleaning someone else's article before they submit doesn't make you eligible for being paid)

Is everyone fine with that?

Edit; I just had a thought. What if the group projects are used as subscription donations for the team? So each member can be subscribed, on the basis that they help with the group project.

Rondog 4th July, 2006 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel ~
If a group project is submitted it is eligible to receive payment. However AOA will only pay the person who writes the actual article and submits it. If some division of that payment is to be made, that's up to the team to do, not AOA!

Ah ok, im with you now. I meant just the single user done Mods. But that answers my question anyway! :) Because I currently I have three single user projects in the works.

raphael2040 4th July, 2006 02:24 PM

Nice.

Obviously, work done by Mod Squad members will still be classed as a Mod Squad project, but the individual will take credit for the work.

Speaking of which, the Mod Squad really need to start a full group project. I think I'll make a new thread about it. =)

Rondog 4th July, 2006 03:53 PM

Yes Captain, get off your arse and do something!

:rolling: Just kidding mate! ;)