AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   The Chop Shop (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/116-the-chop-shop/)
-   -   Mod Squad; Upcoming Mod List (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/the-chop-shop/39482-mod-squad-upcoming-mod-list.html)

raphael2040 2nd January, 2007 04:46 PM

Mod Squad; Upcoming Mod List

Okay, so for any of you following the Mod Squad discussion threads, you'd have picked up that we're going to create a list of mods that either the Mod Squad will complete, or mods which we will ask from the other modders on AOA.

Below is a list of Mods I thought may be helpful and informative, providing they are presented and written well.

Case Mods:

- Cutting a window into a case
- Painting a case /AghastPumpkin
- Etching designs on a case/case window

Hardware Mods:

- Several Graphics Card volt-mod guides.
- Putting a window in a harddrive! (:crazy:) /Raphael&Favu
- Modding a SLi board to work with Crossfire. /Cadaveca
- DVD Drive Stealthing (I know it's been done several times before, but we'll see if we can do it, AOA style!)
- Creating a Test PSU.
- Modding a normal PSU into a fanless PSU [Suggested by Favu]

Peripheral Mods:

- Keyboard mods /Rondog
- Mouse/Mice mods
- Monitor mods.

Other mods:

- PSU cable sleeving and cable tidying. [Suggested by Samuknow]

Please note that the above list is still open for suggestion, and if you think of a mod that should be up there, please post here.

If you are willing to take on one or more of these mods and write a comprehensive write up about it (including good quality photos), please post here also. Please, please, PLEASE, only take on a mod if you know you're capable of finishing it within a decent time span.

So, anyone wanna take on a mod/mods? Or does anyone have any suggestions about the list?

~ Tetsuo/Raphael

cadaveca 2nd January, 2007 04:49 PM

Quote:

Modding a SLi board to work with Crossfire (I'm pretty sure that this is possible, but can anyone confirm?)
I'm working on this one. I have an extra set of crossfire master/ slave cards ATM, and an nforce4 8x8 SLi board. I'll try to get crossfire running...should only be a matter of finding the right driver.

Favu 2nd January, 2007 04:55 PM

I have an old HDD lying around, so I could definatly do the HDD window mod. :)

EDIT = since we are allowed to suggest mods, here is one I've been looking for for a while - a normal PSU to fanless PSU mod.

raphael2040 2nd January, 2007 05:15 PM

I've added it to the list, Favu.

Nice going!~

Favu 2nd January, 2007 05:29 PM

Thank you kindly! :thumbsup:

Samuknow 2nd January, 2007 05:33 PM

How about a guide on cleaning op the inside of a case or 2. This seems to be a big hurdle for most. Maybe sleeving a PSU also. Just some ideas.

raphael2040 2nd January, 2007 06:49 PM

PSU cable sleeving and cable tidying.

Perfecto. But then again, I expect nothing less from the great Samuknow!

-adds to list-

Edit; My 1000th post! YAYYYYAAA!!~~

Favu 2nd January, 2007 06:52 PM

Congrats on the 1k! :thumbsup:

aghastpumpkin 2nd January, 2007 11:34 PM

Painting please!
Tank You!
Will also do a guide on Air Cooling.

How about a General Deadline? I.e One Month?

raphael2040 3rd January, 2007 01:22 AM

Well, there is no fixed deadline, as people can get caught up with other stuff, like family, exams, etc.

But I'm sure everyone knows the meaning of 'a reasonable time limit'. A month is about fine, plus about two weeks, just in case.

Rondog 4th January, 2007 11:14 AM

I'll do a keyboard mod. I would change LED's, but mine doesnt have any. So i'll 'bling' it up.

If I find time, i'll give drive stealthin a shot.

raphael2040 4th January, 2007 11:18 AM

So we have Rondog covering a keyboard Mod.

Yay! I think I'll do a keyboard mod some time, too, but I'm both an extremist and a student. These two things don't go well together, and I don't have the time to cover the extreme mods I'm planning on doing. =(

I'll add yer name alongside the mod, then, okay?

Edit; In response to your edit: Yeah, sure thing. But try and get the keyboard mod done first, okie? =)

bonesaw 4th January, 2007 11:42 AM

i could use a good cable tidying and case cleanup mod to follow, cant wait to read some of these.

raphael2040 8th January, 2007 10:23 PM

Bump.

Anyone else wanna have a bash at any of these mods?

cadaveca 8th January, 2007 11:22 PM

NF4 Crossfire is next weekend's project for me. Gott pull the rig apart to change chipset cooler to get the second card in!:rolleyes:

raphael2040 9th January, 2007 12:26 AM

Awesome stuff.

I think Favu and I are gonna have a bash at the HD window mod together, to see who can do it better! <3

bonesaw 9th January, 2007 10:36 AM

i'll try to clean up my case as best as i can because right now its sloppy and take some before and after pics

Favu 10th January, 2007 11:12 AM

Sounds like we have some awesome stuff on the way! :thumbsup:

raphael2040 11th January, 2007 10:20 AM

Indeed it does, Mr Favu.

You gots a spare hard drive for our little mod-off?

bonesaw 11th January, 2007 11:37 PM

when should most of these be done?