AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   The Chop Shop (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/116-the-chop-shop/)
-   -   Contest: What can you do with a $30 case*? (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/the-chop-shop/45206-contest-what-can-you-do-30-a.html)

PorPorMe 1st July, 2008 06:03 PM

I doubt it made any more sence to most people liveing then than it does now.
Theirs was a different time but if you take that out of the equation, the problems weren't that much different than our own.
Raising kids, making a living, manuvering so the mother-in-law only stays 2 days, a government that doesn't work very well, war, Taxes, and they didn't have running water!

Daniel ~ 1st July, 2008 06:51 PM

I see what your saying.... but consider the average hunter-gather not only did not pay taxes, he didn't even have to go to school to learn why he should...":O}

While the complexity of their world was no less than ours, only described in natural rather than human terms, it was a Single view. They all shared that view and there was no other.

Every member of the Group knew God's name and how they were related to him, just as they knew how to make a knife. Tribal mind... I think we only understand Tribal mind in our deepest dreams....One thing for sure..there is no going back now...":O}

PorPorMe 1st July, 2008 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel ~ (Post 476459)
I see what your saying.... but consider the average hunter-gather not only did not pay taxes, he didn't even have to go to school to learn why he should...":O}

While the complexity of their world was no less than ours, only described in natural rather than human terms, it was a Single view. They all shared that view and there was no other.

Every member of the Group knew God's name and how they were related to him, just as they knew how to make a knife. Tribal mind... I think we only understand Tribal mind in our deepest dreams....One thing for sure..there is no going back now...":O}

Daniel,
I'm not a conspericy nut, or a chicken little "The sky is falling!" If you had made that same statement as little as 6mos ago, I would have agreed. Now I'm not so sure that we won't abuse the earth so badly that it will barely sustaine life any more. IF, that was to happen, and IF we could somehow survive the cut, tribal we would be once more.

Daniel ~ 1st July, 2008 08:59 PM

I don't know..it seems unlikely we could repeat that past...Nature grew our ancestors.... The old woman of a group or old man was the great grandfather of the group or grandmother, alive by uncanny wit and good fortune...caring for blood relatives... they were very closely kit on every level....and I think as importantly, there was no alternative view...

An example is found in "Shunning" among some primal peoples. If the group turns away, a person withers and dies. You see, that person has no where to be any more, has no imagined other life to seek out...they just die as no one will receive them, will confirm their life in the world...

Observers have reported something akin to hysterical blindness can effect the group...they no longer see the shunned...They attribute anything they do as the work of evil spirits and flee... they seem genuinely perplexed and frightened that the shunned (now a spirit) in haunting them....

Imagine a group making a decision that then alters every members perception of reality on the sensory level! To the extent that a former sister or brother is invisible to them or seen as something else, something bad.

If we were ever able ...or willing for that matter to return to a tribal mind,...I think we would have to be re grown from scratch...but what do I know! LOL

Redroar 1st July, 2008 11:43 PM

Wow, that digressed. I was just commenting how you put down 06/01/08, as compared to 07/01/08.

PorPorMe 2nd July, 2008 12:58 AM

See, ready to jump ya for even small stuff. Like I said....lol

booman 2nd July, 2008 02:01 AM

Back on subject......
Good luck everyone!
I've allready started my case. Been sanding and drilling holes.
But I'll keep the rest to myself in spirit of the competition

PorPorMe 2nd July, 2008 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booman (Post 476495)
Back on subject......
Good luck everyone!
I've allready started my case. Been sanding and drilling holes.
But I'll keep the rest to myself in spirit of the competition

I have changed mine so that it is more in the spirit of the competition. I leave it to the judges weather it fits the rules or not. I'm starting from scratch now. At least I'm not jumping the gun. Some have suggested that I spend more money so they can feel better about themselves. I heard their cries and spent $12 on the new build.

booman 2nd July, 2008 03:51 AM

I'm up to $8.00 and may have to get some rubber washers and a piece of plexi glass.
After completing numerous mods, I have plenty of paint, screws, tools, case pieces, fans, and much more. But thats not it.... for only 19.99....
just kidding

captaincurran 2nd July, 2008 04:21 AM

so far, i've destroyed one extra old piece to create a new original piece for the case mod, took apart, primed the panels, did some wire hiding and started a worklog on my blog. And plenty of research on the inspiration.

PorPorMe 2nd July, 2008 04:44 AM

OH Goody, I sounds like I might have a little competition out there in AOA land!:rolling::thumbsup::cool:

captaincurran 2nd July, 2008 04:47 AM

I'll be the Canadian Winner of this contest, eh? My case is gonna be a beauty, eh?

booman 2nd July, 2008 05:25 AM

Aye!

raphael2040 2nd July, 2008 11:58 AM

Don't think I have the time to enter this contest, but if you're planning on having any more, I'd love to have a go!

PorPorMe 2nd July, 2008 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raphael2040 (Post 476515)
Don't think I have the time to enter this contest, but if you're planning on having any more, I'd love to have a go!

If you can't, you can't. Wish you could!

Aedan 2nd July, 2008 02:29 PM

I knew I should have started building that axial flow CO2 laser! The only problem I've had is getting hold of a suitable OC mirror.

Daniel ~ 2nd July, 2008 06:20 PM

Hey! look Gizmo's given the contest a push front page!

Azriel 2nd July, 2008 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raphael2040 (Post 476515)

This contest is a feeler of sorts. If this goes well, there will be more. I have some ideas brewing. One theme I want to keep to if this turns into a series is low cost, skill oriented. If we can get enough people into these things, I will see about getting sponsorship for possible prizes. For now, only count on bragging rights, or maybe something silly hand crafted by me.

Gizmo 2nd July, 2008 06:52 PM

I've sent out a teaser to some other sites, as well. We'll see if we get any activity or not.

PorPorMe 2nd July, 2008 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gizmo (Post 476546)
I've sent out a teaser to some other sites, as well. We'll see if we get any activity or not.

Nice move!:thumbsup: