AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   The Chop Shop (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/116-the-chop-shop/)
-   -   Contest: What can you do with a $30 case*? (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/the-chop-shop/45206-contest-what-can-you-do-30-a.html)

PorPorMe 2nd August, 2008 10:40 AM

Do I feel like a nimrod-I forgot about that!:o
Another 2 weeks...............:drink:

Samuknow 2nd August, 2008 11:43 AM

Is everyone going to start their own thread to show the work log and pics?

Azriel 2nd August, 2008 01:51 PM

If everyone who is still in is finished, feel free to post them up. Just give the judges a little time to realize you've done it. I think there are really only 2, maybe 3 left in it. I need to read back and make sure.

booman 2nd August, 2008 02:33 PM

Just make sure to put "AOA Mod Contest" in your thread title so its easy to find.
By the way, do I post my mod in the Chop Shop or Case Modding?

raphael2040 2nd August, 2008 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booman (Post 478028)
Just make sure to put "AOA Mod Contest" in your thread title so its easy to find.
By the way, do I post my mod in the Chop Shop or Case Modding?

Chop Shop. :thumbsup:

booman 2nd August, 2008 07:48 PM

ok, I'll be posting Sunday morning

Samuknow 3rd August, 2008 01:01 AM

You should be in Church Sunday Morning....

booman 3rd August, 2008 01:04 AM

I meant Early Sunday silly!

raphael2040 3rd August, 2008 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booman (Post 478067)
I meant Early Sunday silly!

Earlier than 8.30? Are you insane? :crazy:

Azriel 8th August, 2008 02:53 PM

5 days until the 13th.

Originally, we had Ccperf721, Booman, CaptainCurran, Samuknow, and Porporme competing. Porporme, and Ccperf721 officially dropped out (but are welcome to jump back in of course.)

We have a build thread from Booman.

Anxiously awaiting word from Samuknow and CaptainCurran.

Remember, the "build thread" is a major part of this, so make it shine.

Azriel 8th August, 2008 02:55 PM

Oh, btw, I am throwing a prize into this. Not telling what it is until we have a clear winner (and it's not a huge prize, so don't get too happy.:crazy:)

booman 8th August, 2008 04:21 PM

oh, I didn't realize the thread should be a detailed presentation.
Should I add more pictures and information?

Azriel 8th August, 2008 04:49 PM

yup, i would :evil:

Azriel 8th August, 2008 04:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Prize hint (If you get this, please check yourself into the nearest mental health facility immediately.)

I own and use this product. It has been featured in the pictures I've posted on the forum. The box will be pretty big. You might pee a little when you open it, but it's really not as expensive as you would think. I got a very very good deal on it. It's not a bean and cheese burrito. The big "A" is not pointing to anything in my sig, it's orientation is completely random.


If you figure it out, don't tell. It's a scramble of letters in a mildly disturbing arrangement. It contains the manufacturer name, and model of the item.

Azriel 9th August, 2008 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samuknow (Post 478025)
Is everyone going to start their own thread to show the work log and pics?

Yes. Everyone should post their own thread.

booman 9th August, 2008 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azriel (Post 478404)
Prize hint (If you get this, please check yourself into the nearest mental health facility immediately.)

I own and use this product. It has been featured in the pictures I've posted on the forum. The box will be pretty big. You might pee a little when you open it, but it's really not as expensive as you would think. I got a very very good deal on it. It's not a bean and cheese burrito. The big "A" is not pointing to anything in my sig, it's orientation is completely random.


If you figure it out, don't tell. It's a scramble of letters in a mildly disturbing arrangement. It contains the manufacturer name, and model of the item.

I have no clue, I don't even have the patience to figure it out

Daniel ~ 9th August, 2008 05:56 PM

"We can let you off on that, No need to actually attend classes or make grades...just so you continue to mod; Admin will see to you that you graduate on time."

booman 11th August, 2008 02:39 PM

two more days, Is any one else done yet?

Azriel 11th August, 2008 04:06 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Bah, I'm just being silly. Winner gets a new set of the same speakers I use on my PC. I wasn't really happy with them initially, but I later realized that I needed to use the motherboard sound software, and not the windows control to get the 5.1 working properly. Now that I have them set up right, I love them. The Sub enclosure is not aluminum. Everything else is. They are actually intended to be home theater speakers, but the have all the right cables to hook to a PC with them. The sub is very nice, although I would prefer a downward firing sub.

AVIA | Powerstixx 5.1

Ignore the price on Avia's site. I don't pay retail for anything. I got about a 90% discount.

Avia Powerstixx F.A. Porche 5.1

RMS Power (Not PMPO. PMPO is the BS number you see on cheap computer speakers. 300watt PMPO (Peak Music Power Output) speakers are typically less than 30watts RMS (Root Mean Square). Rest assured, these are very capable of pissing off the neighbors.)

Total:140W

Satellite:15W x 5

Subwoofer:65W


Frequency Response

Satellite:250Hz~20kHz + 3dB

Subwoofer:40Hz ~ 250Hz + 3dB


Drivers

Satellite: 4 x 1” full-range neodymium ea. (x5)

Subwoofer: 8” long-throw woofer

Power Supply: Built-in transformer with power core



Dimensions (WxHxD):

Satellite: 3.94” x 13.39” x 3.94” (100x340x100 mm)

Subwoofer: 9.5” diameter x 19.68” (250x530x250 mm)

Remote control: 4” x 2.5” x 0.75” (102x64x19 mm)

Azriel 11th August, 2008 04:50 PM

I figured showing off the prize might give the other's a little motivation.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:36 AM.


Copyright ©2001 - 2010, AOA Forums


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0