AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   The Chop Shop (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/116-the-chop-shop/)
-   -   Contest: What can you do with a $30 case*? (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/the-chop-shop/45206-contest-what-can-you-do-30-a.html)

booman 11th August, 2008 05:44 PM

That is absolutely Amazing! You don't know how bad I've needed a surround sound system for my computer. My current setup is several speakers pieced together.
Good luck to all you modders...

Daniel ~ 11th August, 2008 07:51 PM

A very nice contribution to a crafty moders sound system! A generous contribution Azriel!

raphael2040 11th August, 2008 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azriel (Post 478550)
I figured showing off the prize might give the other's a little motivation.

Motivating me the day before I go on holiday? :( No fair.

Good luck to all the entrants, though. That looks like a sweet sound system.

An amazing gesture, as well, Az. Very commendable!

Azriel 11th August, 2008 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel ~ (Post 478558)
A very nice contribution to a crafty moders sound system! A generous contribution Azriel!

It's easy to make "generous contributions" when a loan you'd written off suddenly comes in a fedex envelope. A few days ago that happened. Fedex, hmm... riiip... hmmm... $3000. Nice. And really, The price I paid was 90% off the MSRP. Not much at all. It works on two levels (which if anyone is keeping score at home is two more levels than Vista). modders get rewarded for their hard work, and I get incentive to write articles for AOA to offset the prize for the next one. I look at it this way, It's a hell of a lot less than a week's worth of gas in any of the silly ass cars I drive.

PorPorMe 11th August, 2008 11:37 PM

It's great that it works out for you but accept the cuddos that you deserve for this. It was nice of you to do. That's it!:)

booman 13th August, 2008 05:30 AM

So whens the deadline? tonight at 12pm? I hope there is at least one other mod cause no one is speaking up...

Azriel 13th August, 2008 06:24 AM

well, the judges aren't going to have to worry about hurting anyone's feelings on this one. :rolleyes:

Just to keep things all proper, someone give me a decision on this one.

You might want to PM me your address, Booman. In case you win.

I am stubborn, Next contest will be announced in the next few days. I already have an idea for it, but would be interested in any suggestions. So PM me if you have an idea for a mod contest.

booman 13th August, 2008 02:13 PM

Well there aren't any posts of contest applicants in the Chop Shop. Has the deadline ended?
If I'm the only one who entered the contest then I suggest Booman for winner

PorPorMe 13th August, 2008 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booman (Post 478677)
Well there aren't any posts of contest applicants in the Chop Shop. Has the deadline ended?
If I'm the only one who entered the contest then I suggest Booman for winner

I think that in light of the Edwards scandal that the morality and ethics of all contestants need to be examined. AOA can't afford even to have a perception of questionable ethics, fixed contests, and the like.
There is a rumor, I don't know how true it is, that booman was involved in scheme to artificially increase his post count. That should be investigated and if found true-well the decision as to how to deal with such horrific act I leave in your capable hands.

.......as PorPorMe sneaks away giggling all the way.:crazy:

booman 13th August, 2008 05:10 PM

I deny all claims of Treason and declare myself Not Guilty.
Here is the evidence of my account to express myself as a loyal follower to the AOA clan
1000 posts
Please judge for yourself where the honor & chivalry stands in the accounts of Booman

Daniel ~ 13th August, 2008 06:29 PM

Man Booman you really made this contest worth the doing. Az...you did a great job.

(I say ship him the prize it will be MONTHS before the Democrats or the Republicans catch on! and by then the Santanistas will be firmly in charge!)

But it takes a Gizmo to Judge this imponderable!

Azriel 13th August, 2008 08:41 PM

I will be shipping today or tomorrow, and I'll get a tracking number off to you. You will really like the speakers.

I'm going to give the contests a month break, as I have gotten PM's asking for a delay.

The next contest will not require (but can be) a case. It's more of a theme, with very very loose rules.

Azriel 13th August, 2008 09:50 PM

Shipped.

You have a PM. Gratz, you did a great job, and now you got great sound on the way.

While you wait for them to arrive, you may want to buy some RCA extensions for the rears. The wires are long, but not long enough imo to get to the back of any reasonably large room. I used the long wired speakers for the fronts, and the short for the rears with 25 foot extensions. Because the sub faces up, you will want to have it in an open place, not under a desk. It has a dual input, also. You can run one 5.1 input and one 2.1. The 2.1 is virtual.

Gizmo 13th August, 2008 09:54 PM

In my capacity as judge, jury, and executioner, I declare this contest a 3-way draw:

Áedán, Dsio, and Gizmo all share the prize for first place, as without their entries nothing else would have happened.

Daniel gets second place as his entry, though not quite as creative as some of the others, helped establish order amid the chaos and spurred the thought processes of the others.

Booman, I'm sorry, but you get third place. ;)

Gizmo 13th August, 2008 09:59 PM

Woops, late breaking news.

I've been informed that all three of the first-place winners have been indicted on suspicion of steroid use.

The second-place winner has been forced to abdicate as well, owing to accusations of favoritism on the part of the judging staff.

That makes Booman the first place winner!

Gizmo 13th August, 2008 10:02 PM

Ok, serious now.

I'd like to congratulate Booman. Even though his was the only entry, I still think he did a very nice job. Hopefully, this will encourage others to participate in the next contest.

I'd also like to extend my thanks to Azriel, both for organizing this contest and for providing the prize that he did.

Booman, do you want to redo your article submission, or do you want me to run with what you sent?

booman 13th August, 2008 10:29 PM

thanks everyone! First I want to thank my Mom.... yeah yeah....
I really enjoyed this mod because I had to be creative with the existing tools I allready had. I also had to prioritize the time I had since I'm working 3 jobs and doing websites on the side. I'm hoping to enter the next contest too. If I can't afford the supplies, I may have someone sponsor me and I'll give them case.
I will absolutely love the sound system! I'll post pictures of where I put the speakers in my 100 SF. office.
Once again, thanks for the opporotunity and the generous prize.

robbie 14th August, 2008 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gizmo (Post 478704)
Ok, serious now.

I'd like to congratulate Booman. Even though his was the only entry, I still think he did a very nice job. Hopefully, this will encourage others to participate in the next contest.

I'd also like to extend my thanks to Azriel, both for organizing this contest and for providing the prize that he did.

Booman, do you want to redo your article submission, or do you want me to run with what you sent?

I think Giz said it the best. Very good work and very nice of Az.

I truely hope this inspires people for the next round.

Azriel 14th August, 2008 01:50 AM

I really enjoyed taking a more active role in the workings of AOA. I was very impressed by boomans case.

As I mentioned before, there will be a month off before the next round, by request. I'm looking forward to seeing more modding.

robbie 14th August, 2008 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azriel (Post 478718)
I really enjoyed taking a more active role in the workings of AOA. I was very impressed by boomans case.

As I mentioned before, there will be a month off before the next round, by request. I'm looking forward to seeing more modding.

As am I! :)