AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   The Chop Shop (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/116-the-chop-shop/)
-   -   Captain's inactivity! (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/the-chop-shop/45438-captains-inactivity.html)

raphael2040 2nd August, 2008 06:44 PM

Captain's inactivity!

First off, let me just apologise to everyone [but mostly the modders] for my lack of activity over the past few months.

It's the same every year. I tend to have a lot of free time in the Summer, but it just gets eaten up by other things. By the time I know it, it's back to education again, where I spend most of my time, believe it or not, studying and working. =P

Not now, though! Upon realising how inactive I have become, and re-realising my passion for case modding, I am back and ready to mod!

I know Booman has set up a contest , and there have been others who are still being active modders, and I want to thank each and every one of you for not keeping the Mod Squad alive!

Captaincy of the Mod Squad is up for grabs! I don't feel I'm capable to create a structured team of modders, nor do I feel that I will have enough time to overlook all the mods that people are working on. And, to be honest, there are a lot of modders here better than me =P. So if anyone feels they can do a better job, please post here! I'll leave it to the mods' diplomacy to decide on how to choose one, though.

On that note, WHO'S UP FOR SOME MODDING? :thumbsup::thumbsup:

booman 3rd August, 2008 12:41 AM

Actually Azriel set up the Chop Shop contest.
I would step up for captain but I'm extremely busy too. I had to prioritize each day to squeeze and hour for modding. I'm also realy tight on finances and have 3 working jobs. Maybe in the future, but for now I'm out...
Thanks for the hard-work and dedication Raphael2040! I know you watered-down your achievment but just being Captain of the Mod Squad is very reputable.

raphael2040 3rd August, 2008 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booman (Post 478065)
Actually Azriel set up the Chop Shop contest.
I would step up for captain but I'm extremely busy too. I had to prioritize each day to squeeze and hour for modding. I'm also realy tight on finances and have 3 working jobs. Maybe in the future, but for now I'm out...
Thanks for the hard-work and dedication Raphael2040! I know you watered-down your achievment but just being Captain of the Mod Squad is very reputable.

Ahhh, apologies! Just that I see your name round these parts so often, I think you do everything around here! :crazy:

Sorry, Azriel, and thanks for setting the contest up!

And thanks for the kind words, Booman! =)

booman 5th August, 2008 05:33 PM

no volunteers yet? What exactly does the "Captain of the Mod Squad" do?

raphael2040 5th August, 2008 07:27 PM

Well, originally, I was hoping the Mod Squad was going to be a group of selected people who would be dedicated towards helping others with their mods, and collectively thinking of more projects, competitions, etc to do.

But as the Mod Squad captain, it's basically your duty to try to help people with mods, push people to start modding, help new people, get people interested in case mods, as well as overlooking the rest of the Mod Squad and the modding community.

It also includes stuff like creating articles out of posted mods [and other original content, for example, guides], and getting them recognised throughout the modding community!

With that being said, if there's no-one who's willing to take the captaincy, I'll be happy to retain it. Just realised the amount of time I'm going to have this year, so I'm gonna be doing some serious modding!

captaincurran 10th November, 2009 04:51 AM

here i was thinking this was a thread about me not being active anymore. lol

cloasters 24th January, 2010 02:53 AM

How goes the Klongon battle, captaincurran? Just asking.

raphael2040 28th January, 2010 03:48 PM

The Klingon language is no longer cool.

It's all about Na'vi now! Haha.

Klingon vs Na'vi. Now that's something I'd pay to see.

Gizmo 28th January, 2010 06:04 PM

The Klingons would just shell the planet from orbit. No more Na'vi.

Daniel ~ 28th January, 2010 08:57 PM

Or the Klingon could send to wedding pictures and ugly them to death!

cloasters 10th May, 2011 08:44 PM

LOL! Those bony heads just look bad from any angle.

dabaerman 1st June, 2011 04:50 AM

I'm doin' as much as I can. keeping 6 folding rigs up and running takes up some of my spare time.

the 'doghouse' will require some serious planning and a lot of metal work. need to replace the back
panel as well as side panel. just easier than cutting holes and those panels are not aluminum.

Ron