AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > General > ThunderRd's AOA FOLDING@HOME Team

ThunderRd's AOA FOLDING@HOME Team Where Protein Acrobats gather to change the world!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 1st November, 2002, 11:41 PM

I've just got my AthlonXP 1600+ running F@H, I play games and stuff on it, but it's on pretty much 24/7 at the moment (although it'll be outta action for a week or 2 as my gfx gets RMA'd ). I've noticed there must be alot of 'dead' accounts on team 45 (I've climbed about 60 places in a week), I'm determined not to get bored of it :-D .
Old 1st November, 2002, 11:51 PM
AOA Staff

Send a message via MSN to mookydooky

Quote:
Originally posted by Hamzter
I've noticed there must be alot of 'dead' accounts on team 45 (I've climbed about 60 places in a week), I'm determined not to get bored of it :-D .
I'm glad to hear you're determined not to get bored with it. The dead accounts is not only a an AOA problem. It happens to every team. Some of the larger teams have hundreds of dead accounts. I know it's easy to start it all gung ho and drop it after a while, but with a bit of effort we can keep this going until we find a cure.

AOA Team fah

我喜欢大屁股, 我不能骗你..... 他们弟兄不能否认......
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 2nd November, 2002, 12:33 AM
Member/Contributer

How can one get bored with F@H???
Old 5th November, 2002, 11:30 AM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

I Mentioned to Allan about the dead accounts too hamzter, would be nice to somehow get them removed from the team. (Though not remove their WU's already completed!) If they go active again, they could be re-added perhaps?

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Duron 1.3 AHCLA "9" @ 1430mhz

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Folding Under AOA-UK for team 45!

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 5th November, 2002, 12:16 PM
Member/Contributer

Quote:
Originally posted by Random Nonsense
I Mentioned to Allan about the dead accounts too hamzter, would be nice to somehow get them removed from the team. (Though not remove their WU's already completed!) If they go active again, they could be re-added perhaps?
I see your point but I'm not all for it. I think that those who HAVE contributed to the cause in the past should still be recognized for their work. It still counts towards our total so I think they have earned the right to be in the list, even if they are no longer active on our team... but thats just my take on it.

Anyway, if we got our own stats it would be fairly easy to make one only showing active accounts I think.
Old 5th November, 2002, 12:18 PM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

Fair enough, I just realised why Im bashing reply so much! its the coffee!

Another cool addition would be a thing that divides our output by the number of members, and compares it to other teams.

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."
Old 5th November, 2002, 01:43 PM
AOA Staff

Send a message via MSN to mookydooky

This is just terrible. I have two boxes down at the moment. I'm hoping to get at least one of them sorted out by tonight. Actually, yesterday it was three. I got one of them going last night. Turned out I installed the CPU badly and it was overheating. Just goes to show you, don't just turn the machine on and disconnect the monitor without looking at what comes up.

AOA Team fah

我喜欢大屁股, 我不能骗你..... 他们弟兄不能否认......
Old 5th November, 2002, 01:59 PM

Yep, with experience comes complacency unless you are careful! Just goes to show even the best of us screw up!

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED