AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > General > ThunderRd's AOA FOLDING@HOME Team

ThunderRd's AOA FOLDING@HOME Team Where Protein Acrobats gather to change the world!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 7th December, 2002, 03:47 PM
Member/Contributer

Smile Electron Microscope III v2.2.7 (Update)

Fixed bug in protein file auto-update
Fixed bug in Linux tracking
More work on the protein graph display

Seems the protein file auto-update feature didn't always work as expected, as in updating. That issue should not be a problem for anyone now. You do have to be connected to the internet and you have to have the check for new EM III updates option box checked for this to work.

I hope I have the Linux tracking issues fixed now. It's sometimes difficult to fix these issues because I don't have a Linux box set up to test this on. I guess I really need to do this and I will make a special effort to have one system switched over by the end of December. Happy New Year!

I only spent a couple of minutes on the update to the protein graph display last time and overlooked a little item. I revisited the code and the scrolling issue should now be fixed and work as expected.

Thanks very much to everyone who has donated a few $$$ to help with the EM-DC web site. I appreciate the help very much. To those who have donated more than the base amount, a very special thank you, you're really awesome!

Get the latest version here: http://www.em-dc.com

http://www.em-dc.com/images/latestem.jpg
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 7th December, 2002, 04:19 PM
Member/Contributer

Thanks a lot, I've downloaded it already.

As much as I would like to support EMIII financially, my student budget won't allow me to, at least not on this side of christmas. But when things brigthen up I hope to be able to support you with at least the $5.

Keep up the great work, we all appreciate it! Oh, and thanks for continuing to keep us posted on new versions here at AOA.
Old 12th December, 2002, 03:33 PM
Member/Contributer

Stanford released another new protein, p619_p53_1a1u_nat and is 100 frames worth 13.6 points. I posted an update to the protein data file. EM will auto update that file if you have the "Check for new EM III updates" box checked. EM will verify an internet connection exists once every 60 minutes and if it does, can check to see if there is a new version of EM available and also checks to see if a new protein file is available. If a new version of EM is available, the team logo space will be replaced with a notification that there is a newer version. If there is a new protein file, EM will automatically download it and update your file. You won't even notice it happened unless you happen to have that new protein displayed and its showing points as Unk. Next frame update with the new file it will show the points available.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 17th December, 2002, 02:44 PM
Member/Contributer

Two more new proteins released by Stanford, p620_designvln_ext worth 10.4 points, and p621_trpzip1_nc_ext worth 7.3 points. Both use the Tinker core. I have posted the latest protein data file in the download area, but if you have the auto update feature enabled EM should download and install it for you.

Please check the protein page on the web site to see if you might have an xyz file that isn't posted there. You can reach it from the main web site page.

It has been a while since we have seen a non-beta Gromacs work unit released. It sure would be nice if they could get that part fixed as all of the SSE enabled processors out here can really chew those up. I guess for now those of us with AMD processors will have to do double time.

Many thanks to those of you who have donated a few dollars to the cause. I will be expanding the web site yet again very soon thanks to all the help. Best wishes for the holidays and the new year from me and my family, to you and yours.

http://www.em-dc.com
Old 17th December, 2002, 03:25 PM
Member/Contributer

Happy holidays to you as well, Weatherman!
Old 17th December, 2002, 06:25 PM

Thx for our Christmas present. A nice new version of EMIII.
Didn't wish for anything else...well, perhaps another rig..or two..or..

Anyway thx Weatherman and a happy Christmas to you as well