AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > General > ThunderRd's AOA FOLDING@HOME Team

ThunderRd's AOA FOLDING@HOME Team Where Protein Acrobats gather to change the world!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10th June, 2004, 04:14 PM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via AIM to RussianMissile1

Mystery WUs

ok, my 24hr average has jumped from about 140 to 240 in 2 days without any additions in CPUs according to this: http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/m...ussianMissile1

wow......

im not complaining though.
Old 10th June, 2004, 06:47 PM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

Do you have EM... there's an easy way to track there. There is a log that can tell you which proteins you have folded. Also, when folding, the little PC icon changes color. Red means something is wrong. Green and light blue are for gromacs and tinkers, and dark blue is for the double gromacs.

I just came to this realization myself. If your main rig is folding a lot, I can explain the jump. Double Gromacs is awesome on P4's... If you get one on your rig, it will fold twice as much, twice as fast using SSE2. The bad news is there are only a handful of Dgromacs floating around.. If you got a couple in a row, it could boost you by 200pts a day.

My P4@3.3 can fold 4-500 points a day BY ITSELF!!! if it gets nothing but dgromacs.
The same machine only does 125-150 folding everything else.

Last edited by SteveI; 10th June, 2004 at 11:23 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10th June, 2004, 10:46 PM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via AIM to RussianMissile1

i got 3 DG's in a row yesterday... but it still dosent make up for 6 WUs appearing in one time slot at 3am today...

no i dont have EM because stupid Windows dosent want to let my network work, if i install EM, i will only be able to monitor my main rig. the only way i know of how to get the network running is to reformat.

can EM monitor linux rigs as well? I'm probably going to use that USB stick or CDrom linux install to run FAH on my future rack.