AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > General > ThunderRd's AOA FOLDING@HOME Team

ThunderRd's AOA FOLDING@HOME Team Where Protein Acrobats gather to change the world!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 29th September, 2004, 12:24 AM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via AIM to RussianMissile1

600 Point WU

and a 300-pointer

p1305
p1306
http://vspx27.stanford.edu/psummary.html .
Old 29th September, 2004, 01:17 AM

Send a message via MSN to Razorfish

and a 6.5 pointer

In regard to the 630 pointer! imagine how long that would take!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 29th September, 2004, 02:01 AM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

About 77 hours on my main rig.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 29th September, 2004, 09:49 AM
Member/Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to keithwalton Send a message via MSN to keithwalton Send a message via Yahoo to keithwalton

Youch, im on a 1307 atm and its racking away quite fast, though its only an 80 pointer i did have to check a few times just then. Shame there isnt many dgromacs out atm hopefully i'll get one soon so my p4 can flex its muscles abit

K
Old 29th September, 2004, 03:19 PM
Member/Contributer

600 points?? Ouch!! Good thing I'm not in this for the points, because that kinda makes the first 500 units I folded "worthless", since they didn't give much more than 600 points all together.
Old 29th September, 2004, 03:41 PM

Anyone know what components speed up the Folding? Is just high cpu cycles good, Celeron/Regular make a difference, and what about memory? My main rig, runs 'em down pretty well, but I have several 2 GHz Celerons (a couple OCed to 2.66) and a bunch of P3 1 GHz or lower (can't do anything about most of the computers). Really can't do too much to help, just wondering.
Old 29th September, 2004, 05:07 PM
Member/Contributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloAbogado
Anyone know what components speed up the Folding? Is just high cpu cycles good, Celeron/Regular make a difference, and what about memory? My main rig, runs 'em down pretty well, but I have several 2 GHz Celerons (a couple OCed to 2.66) and a bunch of P3 1 GHz or lower (can't do anything about most of the computers). Really can't do too much to help, just wondering.
It is mainly a matter of raw CPU speed + amount of cache. A P4 2600 will outfold a Celeron 2600 MHz with no problems for most units, because it has more cache. However, this doesn't mean you shouldn't add those Celerons, as they can still do some good work for you and the team.

The amount of RAM isn't really of importance, and neither is its speed. All you need is enough RAM to run an OS and the core used for folding@home.

Hard drive speed has no folding impact either.

Hope this answers your questions!
Old 29th September, 2004, 05:45 PM

hi all!!!
i noticed that i sometimes seem to run the same wu twice. is that true or do they break the big ones into parts? cause i just finnished one and now i am doing it again. this is the number:
P112_p678_l939_K12 tinker.
thanks!
bri
Old 29th September, 2004, 07:40 PM
Member/Contributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian770
hi all!!!
i noticed that i sometimes seem to run the same wu twice. is that true or do they break the big ones into parts? cause i just finnished one and now i am doing it again. this is the number:
P112_p678_l939_K12 tinker.
thanks!
bri
It isn't the same unit, it is just the same TYPE of unit.
Old 29th September, 2004, 08:25 PM

Yea, I was reading their website about this issue and they say that it is the same unit (as in p112_p678_L939_K12), but not that you're redoing the one you just finished. They do the same unit millions of times to account for a possible unstable fold and it's luck of the draw you get the same one twice. It doesn't mean the unit screwed up the first time.
Old 29th September, 2004, 08:32 PM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

i've got a 277 pointer @ 67% and a 186 pointer @ 59%....
i thought 277 was big! 187 is pretty high for a gromac too...

but 600 points! omg!
Old 29th September, 2004, 09:13 PM

What's the differences between the cores?
Old 1st October, 2004, 04:16 PM
Member / Master of Toiletries

Send a message via MSN to Toro Send a message via Skype™ to Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan
It isn't the same unit, it is just the same TYPE of unit.
to expand further.

they need to have the same type of unit folded several times to make sure the results are all the same and within allowed parameters. basically to verfy that your machine is working properly, and so is their folding idea.

i know what i mean, even if no one else does!

"Check the Forum Rules Announcement, listed there."

AOA Team fah