AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > General > ThunderRd's AOA FOLDING@HOME Team

ThunderRd's AOA FOLDING@HOME Team Where Protein Acrobats gather to change the world!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 30th September, 2004, 03:58 PM
Member/Contributer

25k race!

OK, looks like it is offical. The contenders in the T45 Folding@home 25K race are:
  • cadaveca
  • Razorfish
  • DigitalKnight
  • Logan

The winner of the race is the first to cross the 25,000 points mark, and the price is precious bragging rights!

It isn't too late to sign up for this race.. but once you are in, you can't back out! Kaitain, Alex and Toro have shown some interest in this as well. You want in, guys?

May the best folder win! Time to borg, recruit and expand the home farm.

FOLD ON!
Old 30th September, 2004, 05:07 PM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

I'm going to win! yesserie! building the new machine as we speak...jjust gotta wait for a cheque to clear from my last job (my first cheque with 5 digits!), and i'll be ordering some new goodies.
LOOK OUT FOLKS!
I will make a hardware donation (yet to be decided...but gigabyte are sending me some new stuff next month...) to the winner, which, by my calculations, should be mid-february. I can't afford to give this to someone over with 6ghz or 5 machines, however, to keep the race somewhat even. Handicaps will be considered for new folders.

FOLD ON...... AND MAY MANKIND WIN!
Old 30th September, 2004, 06:29 PM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Fold Um if ya got Um!!!!
Rob
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 30th September, 2004, 06:37 PM

Cada,

I'm closing in on you.

I have one machine built and don't have a connection left to hook it up to, but once I find a spot I'll have a 24/7 P4 2.4ghz folder. Right now my line up is.

1.8 P4 24/7
1.6 P4M 24/7
2600+M@2.4ghz 24/7
2.8 P4 24/7
2000+ (right around 24/7)

As soon as I get a switch add another 2.4ghz P4.
As soon as I get the mobo that's in the mail, add yet another 2.4ghz P4
As soon as my g/f gets internet hooked up at her house, add a Duron 800mhz
As soon as internet at my sister's business is fixed, add another 1.8ghz P4
As soon as my boss pays for her system, add a 1600+ Palamino
As soon as I talk my cousin into letting me install it on her computer, add a 2800+ and another 1600+
When I remember to add it to my friends computer, add another P4 2.8ghz.

Old 30th September, 2004, 06:58 PM

You can build all the folding boxes that you want, but I'll still beat you as soon as I can port F@H to my Ti-89!!

All kidding aside, I'll soon be adding a meager 850 Athlon Tbird to my wall of battle that has been down for a long time, and I hope to 'convince' my little Bro to let me 'steal' his idle CPU cycles in exchange for help in completely reloading his OS. A 850, a 2400+ and more to go! See you all at the finishline in about 50 days time!

Main Rig: - Down
Proc: P4 2.66 Ghz Mobo: MSI MS-6701 RAM: 768 Mb DDR333 Video Card: GeForce4 Ti 4200 OS: Windows XP SP2 / Mandrake Linux 9.0
Laptop:
Proc: P4 3.06 Ghz RAM: 1280 Mb DDR400 Video Card: ATI Radion Mobility 9000 OS: Windows XP SP2

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 30th September, 2004, 07:06 PM
Member/Contributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalKnight
You can build all the folding boxes that you want, but I'll still beat you as soon as I can port F@H to my Ti-89!!
When you sort that out, be sure to let me know how to do it!
I don't want my TI-89 sitting idle, heh.
Old 30th September, 2004, 08:43 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

A real win win race if ever I saw one!
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 30th September, 2004, 10:06 PM

I'd like to enter the race for 25K, although I don't wan't any handicap for being new to AOA and folding. (don't worry everyone, I wouldn't qualify for Cadaveca's trophy!)
Old 30th September, 2004, 10:14 PM

I've been watching your progress for a week or so now, Diab. I think I already know who's going to win. Lol.
Old 30th September, 2004, 11:53 PM

I think, just to make it fair (and hold Cadaveca to his donation ), I shouldn't be counted in the race. Besides, I'm using company computers (with permission from my boss), not just my own, so I don't think it's fair. The only computers that I'm using that I own are my main rig and my wifes PII 550. (bowing out gracefully, I hope)
Old 1st October, 2004, 12:22 AM

planned handicap was free reign until 12500, afterwords 6k max or 5 machines, as there are alot of users with only 2.(for those who want to continue to fold, you can always create another username, although i know this is kinda restrictive. Best i can do to keep things fair.)

approx. prize retail value of 100 or so US dollars(prize is of the OEM parts variety). My donation to the cause, to try to get some new folders!

I'll announce the actual prize closer to the finish.
Old 1st October, 2004, 12:56 AM

Send a message via MSN to Razorfish

Dont think ill be able to compete but, ill try, dont count me out just yet.
Old 1st October, 2004, 02:12 AM

you better stay in.. it's like racing for my "pink slip!"

remember i started this all! and i know i'm gonna be beat.

seeing how allan declared it official, and with 4 entries, i'll let him decide the rules for the prize...doesn't really matter to me...but it better fold!
Old 1st October, 2004, 04:57 AM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via AIM to RussianMissile1

Wink

i already beat you all to it, i went past 25k a few months ago.
Old 1st October, 2004, 08:27 AM
Member/Contributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaveca
seeing how allan declared it official, and with 4 entries, i'll let him decide the rules for the prize...doesn't really matter to me...but it better fold!
PM me, and we can work something out!
Old 1st October, 2004, 04:25 PM
Member / Master of Toiletries

Send a message via MSN to Toro Send a message via Skype™ to Toro

i shall need to decline the invitation, as one of the PC's has gone a bit ropey, and i shall be moving home in a week or so, so that will mean downtime, lots, and i will need to attempt to get BT to reconnect the line (good freakin luck to me!)

"Check the Forum Rules Announcement, listed there."

AOA Team fah

Old 1st October, 2004, 05:06 PM

Hrmm...I install on all machines I build or work on...but don't know if I'll qualify for this race. If anything I'll bow out and have my own little private race.
Old 1st October, 2004, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan
Hrmm...I install on all machines I build or work on...but don't know if I'll qualify for this race. If anything I'll bow out and have my own little private race.
Well said, Logan! I really couldn't do with any extra parts right now (saving for a 6800GT and that's all I need right now) and since I don't want to cut back on folding (so I enojoy seeing my numbers increase quickly, sue me!), I think I'll stay out, unless cadaveca IS giving away a 6800GT!

Anyway, I like the idea of the competition and whether you're in it or not, keep folding!
Old 1st October, 2004, 07:46 PM

No 6800gt's here....

x900 should be the next card i get, or whatevar they end up naming it. few short months....and beats the snot off of the x800xt toxics i've hand in my hands recently.

I'll send you the details allan.
Old 2nd October, 2004, 06:00 AM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via MSN to alexkerhead

i am in guys...muhahahahahahahaha

AOA Team fah