AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > General > ThunderRd's AOA FOLDING@HOME Team

ThunderRd's AOA FOLDING@HOME Team Where Protein Acrobats gather to change the world!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 9th November, 2005, 09:57 PM
Member/Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to keithwalton Send a message via MSN to keithwalton Send a message via Yahoo to keithwalton

Production down

Since my home i'net connection has been down for a few days and thanks to bt will be down for about another week i've been unable to send back results or get any new work. And today my final folding service ran out of work to do I'll be back soon
Old 9th November, 2005, 10:25 PM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwalton
Since my home i'net connection has been down for a few days and thanks to bt will be down for about another week i've been unable to send back results or get any new work. And today my final folding service ran out of work to do I'll be back soon
Are your running the consolve version? if yes, there are some options...
First, you need a thumb drive, and access to a PC with internet access. All you need to do is move the entire contents of the folding directory to the thumb drive. Then connect the thumb drive to a pc that has internet access. From the command prompt, run the console with the "-send all" flag. This will upload the unit.

If you want to take it one step further and get new units... Make sure you change the Machine ID 1-8 for each instance you do this with. Do not duplicate the number, and the same PC will get different units for each folder instance... If any of your folding boxes are fairly new Intel boxes with 1/2 a gig or more, lemme know.... there will be extra things to do to keep you folding.

BTW: this is not cheating or confusing to the folding servers, so don't worry about that.
Old 10th November, 2005, 06:13 PM
Member/Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to keithwalton Send a message via MSN to keithwalton Send a message via Yahoo to keithwalton

aha i didnt think of that!
I've only got two boxes running at the moment (though might be 3 soon as the replacement psu's from dell finally turned up for my laptop this morning. only took them a year!)
The two boxes are an intel p4 n/w c 2.4 @ 3 with 1gb of ram (running two instances) and a banias 1.6 with 512 ram
Old 10th November, 2005, 06:40 PM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

With a gig of ram and P4, shoot for QMDs... they will triple your production. look around to get the config for it.
Old 11th November, 2005, 08:28 PM
Member/Contributor

Sorted, 1066 points worth of units returned
Old 12th November, 2005, 08:49 AM
Member / Master of Toiletries

Send a message via MSN to Toro Send a message via Skype™ to Toro

well played that man!

"Check the Forum Rules Announcement, listed there."

AOA Team fah

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

« W3ap0n-X? | Fight »