AOA AOA AOA Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA > General > ThunderRd's AOA FOLDING@HOME Team

ThunderRd's AOA FOLDING@HOME Team Where Protein Acrobats gather to change the world!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10th January, 2006, 05:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to djXternal Send a message via MSN to djXternal Send a message via Yahoo to djXternal

Folding on Linux

Hey guys due to shortage of hdd's round my house im limited to a 400mb hdd on my new rig, anyone kno of a decent linux that will fit on there with room to install F@H??
Old 10th January, 2006, 05:47 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Check out OverFoldix
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10th January, 2006, 05:47 PM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Have you tried knoppix?
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10th January, 2006, 05:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to djXternal Send a message via MSN to djXternal Send a message via Yahoo to djXternal

hmmm that might work just using the cd drive... ill try that out
Old 10th January, 2006, 06:28 PM

on overfoldix, i cant figure out how to get it started, i make it to a login screen, but i dont know the login
Old 10th January, 2006, 06:35 PM
Member/Contributer/WCG TEAM CAPTAIN

I guess this is still valid
Quote:
Login as root, and the password is 0verf0ld1x (use 0s for Os and 1s for i's). You'll need to also change your Folding username and the team you're folding for
I tried OverFoldix but it never ran right for me.
Old 10th January, 2006, 06:38 PM

ok thanks for that, another question..... is it possible to run a wireless nic on overfoldix?
Old 10th January, 2006, 07:05 PM
Member/Contributer/WCG TEAM CAPTAIN

I haven't kept up with it, so I'm not sure. Sorry.
Old 10th January, 2006, 07:07 PM

doesnt look like it will, so ill just switch to wireless on my desktop and use wired on it... ill do all this just as soon as i can get a psu for it