AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > General > ThunderRd's AOA FOLDING@HOME Team

ThunderRd's AOA FOLDING@HOME Team Where Protein Acrobats gather to change the world!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 19th May, 2002, 02:12 AM
Member/Contributer

Production

I see a definate trend to the up side here. Way to go guys.
Hats off to you new guys and to those of you who have been working on tweaking and building new boxes.

Go Team 45 !!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Production-graph.jpg  
----------------------------------------------

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 19th May, 2002, 02:52 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via MSN to mookydooky

I think we should egg SteveI into buying more machines. He just placed an order today after Dimm said something.

AOA Team fah

我喜欢大屁股, 我不能骗你..... 他们弟兄不能否认......
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 19th May, 2002, 03:35 AM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

Well, I had a dilemna... Dead board for my celery2.. I could a) replace the mobo w/ a cheap slot 1 (~$50), or b) buy a used Epox 8KHA+ for $49, and a Duron 1gig for $40... And with an outside shot for AHLCA to shoot for 1.4...hmm

anyone wanna buy a celeron???
Old 19th May, 2002, 04:43 AM

Send a message via ICQ to dimmreaper Send a message via AIM to dimmreaper

I wish I could join you and build something new, but I'm saving up my spare change for a Detroit Locker for my truck, the clutches in the limited slip jobby finaly gave way(while doing donuts in Wal-Mart's parking lot ) and the thing hooks like a one-legged dog now

Wishing you were someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain

AOA Team fah
Old 19th May, 2002, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dimmreaper
I wish I could join you and build something new, but I'm saving up my spare change for a Detroit Locker for my truck, the clutches in the limited slip jobby finaly gave way(while doing donuts in Wal-Mart's parking lot ) and the thing hooks like a one-legged dog now
I have detroit's in F&R on my Toy

And I post about the Epox and yup SteveI get's one, what a nice guy I am

I hope he OC's the sheetz out of it
eVGA 6800 GT.
350 w Sparkle PS.

XFIRE= rottys

Last edited by Lionfish; 19th May, 2002 at 05:36 AM.
Old 19th May, 2002, 05:36 AM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Lionfish

I have
I see.. Nice boost to your product there LF, WTG!!
Old 19th May, 2002, 07:04 AM

Send a message via ICQ to dimmreaper Send a message via AIM to dimmreaper

Quote:
Originally posted by Lionfish

I have detroit's in F&R on my Toy
I've got a tru-trac style Detroit up front in my Dana 60, and an origional equipment clutch plate type limited slip in the rear in my Ford 10 1/4". 4.56:1 gears too, which is plenty of mechanical advantage for mud/sand when the transfer case is put in to 2:1 low range, and is just right for trail riding in high range. We don't have rocks out this way so I don't need a crazy 4:1 dual transfer case set-up.

I just put a new transmission and torque converter in the truck the day before yesterday. I got sick of lossing 1st gear monthly so out went the C-4 with 3200RPM stall converter, in went the C-6 with a street/strip shift kit and 2200RPM stall converter. The motor I have in there now has a circle track cam, so it won't idle in gear with the new converter, I've got to do neutral drops at ever intersection until I get the new motor in it(slower cam better suited to street driving, plus a small 53 series blower for extra twist ).

And then last night I was trying to see if I could bust the new transmission at Wal-Mart, we'll something had to give I guess, but it wasn't the trans It'll be my luck that the transfer case will go next, it's a never ending battle :-D

Anyway, I'm parking this beast now, burns too much gas and needs a mountain of work, including a full interior restoration and paint job(I've got the purdiest green picked out to spray on it). I traded my '89 Buick LeSabre for a '87 two wheel drive S-10 beater with the 2.8L 60 degree V-6 to drive. I had an S-10 a few years ago, and I couldn't kill the damn thing no matter how hard I tried, hope this one is a repeat.

Wishing you were someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain

AOA Team fah

Last edited by dimmreaper; 19th May, 2002 at 07:11 AM.
Old 19th May, 2002, 07:14 AM

Re: Production

Quote:
Originally posted by Southern Man
I see a definate trend to the up side here. Way to go guys.
Hats off to you new guys and to those of you who have been working on tweaking and building new boxes.

Go Team 45 !!!!
Things are looking better but Icrontic will blow by us Monday. Not much can be done about them though, they do double our production.
Old 19th May, 2002, 07:20 AM
Member/Contributer

Re: Re: Production

Quote:
Originally posted by S_Wilson

Things are looking better but Icrontic will blow by us Monday. Not much can be done about them though, they do double our production.
Well look at how many they have compaired to us and the % active is also a factor. If we could get everybody who has folded a unit or two for us to get folding some more we could be kicking a lot more work out. Someone was saying that places like [H] have a couple of Big Guns but a lot of their stats come from the small guys who plunk out 1 a day. We are getting our bigger guns cranking but we don't seem to have the 1 a day'ers some of these other places have.
----------------------------------------------

Old 19th May, 2002, 08:01 AM

Re: Re: Re: Production

Quote:

Well look at how many they have compaired to us and the % active is also a factor. If we could get everybody who has folded a unit or two for us to get folding some more we could be kicking a lot more work out. Someone was saying that places like [H] have a couple of Big Guns but a lot of their stats come from the small guys who plunk out 1 a day. We are getting our bigger guns cranking but we don't seem to have the 1 a day'ers some of these other places have.
Do we have any way to contact members of our team (email, PM etc)? If so, I'd be more than happy to mount a "contact the inactive members" campaign to try and light a fire under their aft portions
Old 19th May, 2002, 08:13 AM

Re: Re: Re: Production

Quote:

The production from the trenches usually does support the team. A few standout but their production pales in comparison to the masses. The exception is Rage3d who has one folder doing the majority.

Of those who try folding only about 40%-50% stick with it for whatever reason. The key is to try to recruit more new people and hope to maintain 50% activity. Basically, it's all in the numbers, get 100 to try keep 50 active with an average of 5 points per day and there is 1750 more points per week plus the points of the folders who did not stay active.

I just looked up some numbers, there are over 1200 registered on this board, approximately 109 have folded for the team and it appears 42 are still active. So roughly 9% of the total membership has folded while 3.5% still fold. If we could get 20% of all registered to try that would have a pretty healthy impact and may even give Icrontic a run for their money.

Just some thoughts

Shawn
Old 19th May, 2002, 08:24 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Production

Quote:
Originally posted by LutaWicasa

Do we have any way to contact members of our team (email, PM etc)? If so, I'd be more than happy to mount a "contact the inactive members" campaign to try and light a fire under their aft portions
I would suggest this only if you have a good rapport with an inactive member, don't want to upset anyone. A good example is that I folded a few for this team last year but was actually with another team, I came back when I was ready and in my own time to give my full support to this team. Had I recieved solicitations by email or PM it may have turned me off to coming back at all. My .02
Old 19th May, 2002, 01:43 PM
Member/Contributer

Steve, how fast it that Celeron2? If you are willing to make me a good deal I would try to hack my Soltek slotket and use it in my main rig on the good old BX board. I've been reading a lot about this hack, and I would like to give it a go sometime.

PM me if you are interested.
Old 19th May, 2002, 01:57 PM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Allan
Steve, how fast it that Celeron2? If you are willing to make me a good deal I would try to hack my Soltek slotket and use it in my main rig on the good old BX board. I've been reading a lot about this hack, and I would like to give it a go sometime.

PM me if you are interested.
YGPM
Old 19th May, 2002, 05:29 PM

Im folding 24/7 as of yesterday so my output should jump from 20 to 50+

I still havent quite got this 8k3a+ 100% stable so im running at 1700mhz rather than 1800 to avoid crashing.

Best of luck in the future all my friends.