AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   ThunderRd's AOA FOLDING@HOME Team (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/19-thunderrds-aoa-folding-home-team/)
-   -   Folding@home hardware donations (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/thunderrds-aoa-folding-home-team/17475-folding-home-hardware-donations.html)

Allan 7th May, 2003 05:46 PM

Folding@home hardware donations

In case you don't know, we have a section in the classifieds where we donate/recieve hardware for folding rigs. A lot of us have some spare parts lying around, but not enough to make a folding rig.

If we help each other out, we should be able to do get a couple of rigs going.

We donate hardware to fellow folders of team 45.
Recievers should expect to at least pay shipping, if nothing else is agreed on.

I can't stress this enough:
This place is NOT for anyone looking to score free hardware!
If the hardware you recieve isn't going in a folding rig folding for team 45, you cannot have the items for free.

So there, if you can, please visit the Folding@home donations section in our classifieds and see if you have something in spare that someone else needs - or vice versa.

Thank you very much, fold on! :thumbsup:

------------------------
Classifieds rules:

If you already have been given permission to use the classifieds, you can find them in the forum.

Registering:

In order to be eligable for use of our classifieds service you must already have an account with AOA Forums with 75 posts or more. If you do not have 75 posts, you cannot use this service - this is for your own protection only.

To gain access, simply Private Message or email Dan.

Dan will then ensure that you are eligible to use the classifieds, and if you are, he will admit you and the classifieds section will appear in the forum. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes, but it IS for your safety.
We hope you enjoy use of AOA Classifieds. Happy buying & selling!

danrok 17th August, 2003 05:30 PM

I have offered a mobo - see the for sale section.

It's free to Folders only!

Daniel ~ 17th August, 2003 05:48 PM

I'm pretty sure we are set up now for Auto entry at 75 posts...if not please contact me at 75 posts!

robbie 17th August, 2003 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel ~
I'm pretty sure we are set up now for Auto entry at 75 posts...if not please contact me at 75 posts!

Or me, but it goes back to him. :)
Rob

danrok 17th August, 2003 06:19 PM

I got in automatically after 75 posts.

Allan 27th February, 2004 03:56 PM

Should be 25 posts now!

Allan 2nd April, 2004 04:27 PM

Its still allowed to give stuff away to fellow folders! :) And don't be shy to post what you need.

Gizmo 2nd April, 2004 04:33 PM

If you take a look in the classies, you'll see that I've got a ThermalRight SLK-948U HSF up in there. If you can use it for a folding rig, it's yours, just pay the freight.

Allan 2nd April, 2004 04:39 PM

WOW thats good of you gizmo. Alright everyone, hurry to check gizmos post in the classies, I doubt it will stay there for long.

Gizmo 2nd April, 2004 04:41 PM

Well, I haven't had any bites to buy it, and I have no use for it myself, sooo................

Allan 2nd April, 2004 04:44 PM

I wish I had a P4 just now, and that shipping it all the way to Europe wasn't so costly.
I hope it finds a good folding home.

scottman 23rd April, 2004 12:21 PM

i'll take that ThermalRight SLK-948U HSF i was going to buy a SP-94
dam this folding makes your cpu run hotter when all i am doing is playing music that heat sink will help

Gizmo 23rd April, 2004 01:26 PM

I'll check on the freight costs and get back to you. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that freight to Australia will probably be more than what you could buy one for there.

scottman 23rd April, 2004 01:42 PM

i don't think it will cause there like $90 and i counld send u 1 4 maybe $20 i guess

Gizmo 23rd April, 2004 02:46 PM

Send me a PM with your zip code, please.....

Gizmo 23rd April, 2004 04:08 PM

Ok. Here's what we've got.

$21.50 US for Economy Parcel Post, with a 4-6 WEEK delivery time.
$26.75 US for Airmail Parcel Post, with a delivery time of 4-10 days.

Anything else (Fedex, UPS) is horridly expensive ($90+). 'Course, it's also guaranteed to get there. Not so with Parcel Post (USMail). Once it leaves the US, Parcel Post can't guarantee anything.

'Sup to you. Let me know what you want to do. I won't be able to ship today, but if you go with Parcel Post, I can drop it in the mail tomorrow. Otherwise, it will be Monday before it ships.

Gizmo 25th April, 2004 05:43 PM

'Sup scottman? Do you think you want this? I can Post it Monday if you do, and you can PayPal me the postage.

LP 21st August, 2004 10:17 AM

Is it possible to make the "Folding Team Donations" thread (in the For Sale section) viewable by folding team members only?
That would eliminate having to question whether they are on the team or not.

Daniel ~ 21st August, 2004 04:03 PM

I know it's uncomfortable having to ask, but if we are to be sure our parts get into the right hands, ... a duty to be preformed...

It might be possible... But Admin is so buried in site work right now it might be more than my life is worth to ask them! ":O}

Would you please put this on the back burner and bring it up again in say 3 months?

Thanks LP, great idea, but we're slow on implementation right now.

LP 21st August, 2004 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel ~
I know it's uncomfortable having to ask, but if we are to be sure our parts get into the right hands, ... a duty to be preformed...

It might be possible... But Admin is so buried in site work right now it might be more than my life is worth to ask them! ":O}

Would you please put this on the back burner and bring it up again in say 3 months?

Thanks LP, great idea, but we're slow on implementation right now.

Lol..that's ok Daniel. We can put it on the "wish list". ;)