AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   ThunderRd's AOA FOLDING@HOME Team (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/19-thunderrds-aoa-folding-home-team/)
-   -   More Core (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/thunderrds-aoa-folding-home-team/42044-more-core.html)

Toro 1st July, 2007 06:21 PM

More Core

howdy all

Just a little update. I got me ma a new PC with dual core. I have today set up both of these cores to fold at 100%. The PC is on around 10hrs a day, so should add a bit :)

I also FINALLY got my hands on the parts for my upgrade, but waiting on the PSU (which should arrive tomorrow), then I can add another dual core machine to the cause.

The above 2 paragraphs do me that I am laying to rest at least 1 older proc which has been folding with me since the start. The one in my machine will be getting taken off line for a while, if not permanently, unless I can rig it up some other way, on a block of wood or something.

Long and short of it is that I will be losing 2 procs, but gaining 4. I may be able to add another 2, a 1.3GHz AMD and a 2GHz AMD, will just need to see how it all pans out though :)

So (if my PSU arrives tomorrow) I should have 5 cores folding for me, running for around 22hrs a day in total (far longer at the weekends).

Samuknow 1st July, 2007 06:55 PM

Ummm.......Sweet.

Growing the farm...

Toro 1st July, 2007 08:57 PM

thanks for the support?

I used to be in the top 20 producers and feel I have been letting the side down, so going to get more on the go. If I can get my wireless (not my flat to start routing wires through properly) to be happier through the flat, then I should be able to have more machines on the go ;)

Samuknow 1st July, 2007 08:59 PM

There are some remote antenna that I have seen that might help your wireless issues.

Toro 1st July, 2007 10:56 PM

part of the reason I ceased with the wireless was because I thought it was causing me lag, but it doesn't seem to be, its just the bad line :(

So I will at some point get back round to wireless and streaming media through the flat :D

Toro 18th July, 2007 05:50 PM

Well more core project has resulted in me re-entering the top 20folders for team45 for the first time in a long time!! Currently number 17 as it stands. Hopefully I can get my old kit up and running sometime soon when I decide how I am going to set it up... either in an oil bath or board on to a bit of MDF or something hung on the wall :D

Samuknow 18th July, 2007 06:00 PM

Way to go oh sultan of the john.

I don't know if you slid or others just pushed higher. there are a few new comers on the scene that are pouring the coal to it.

Toro 18th July, 2007 06:19 PM

I definitely slid... I was often only managing 2 or 3 units a month... I think I have managed 6 already this month :)

Samuknow 18th July, 2007 06:23 PM

Still, great job...BTW, how fast can you travel on a lamb?

Got EpOx 18th July, 2007 08:55 PM

Nice job Toro :)

Toro 19th July, 2007 12:05 AM

Hoping to get 100,000 cracked before long as well :)

Its not about speed on the lamb... its about what dimensions you can transit through

Daniel ~ 24th July, 2007 10:07 PM

Smooth move Toro.":O}

keithwalton 25th July, 2007 12:12 AM

For those that watch the stats on eoc :) my quad core is ticking over nicely now and between all my rigs should be turning in 4,700 pts today or so.
My aim is for a 4-4.5k/day average which would put me nipping at the heels of stevei :)

Daniel ~ 25th July, 2007 01:36 AM

I love your Avatar Keith! Nobody hates a computer more than another computer! ":O}

Toro 25th July, 2007 06:42 PM

my production 3months ago... 2 units, 2 months ago... 3 units... this month so far 10units :D

that's more like it! :D

Daniel ~ 25th July, 2007 06:56 PM

Rock on!