AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Software > OS, Software, Firmware, and BIOS > Windows 7

Windows 7 Questions and discussion related to Windows 7

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 8th April, 2011, 04:34 AM

CD/DVD Burning Software

I'm considering purchasing some CD/DVD buring software. I'm familiar with some of the offerings from Roxio, Nero, and Cyberlink Power2Go. From what I can tell they're all about $50-$60. At Staples I saw an offering from Roxio called "easy CD DVD" in a red box for around $30. I got interested because of the lower price, but I can't find anything on the roxio website about that particular software title. That scares me a little bit, because I figure it must be an old version or extremely basic. Any recommendations for some CD/DVD burning software?

Last edited by Just_tweak_it; 8th April, 2011 at 04:35 AM. Reason: left something out
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 8th April, 2011, 03:00 PM
Member/Contributer

It depends on what you are burning, and to what.

.iso to CD or DVD
movies in 1 format to DVD for playing in a DVD player
Blu Ray

Any combination, or all of the above?

There are several free ones that will do most if not all of the above.

Win 7 will burn iso images directly.
I have used several different tools for different reasons, some free, some paid, and keep going back to free. While I may use 3-5 programs to a paid 1, normally they do as good if not better than the paid versions, while just doing what I ask, not telling me I want to do it another way, or use their proprietary format.

For burning or creating an iso
ISO Recorder Power Toy;
ISO Recorder

Thats about the easiest I can think of off the top of my head. With a better understanding if what you are looking for I can give more results

Corsair AX650
Asus P8H77-M PRO
i7 3770 (non K series)
- Noctua NH-L12 Low Profile CPU Cooler
2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X
Sapphire 7970
2 x SanDisk Extreme 120GB RAID 0
Western Digital Green 3TB
Asus Xonar Essence STX
TP Link TL-WN881ND
Fractal Design Arc Mini
- 2x Noctua NF-P12 120mm, 2x Noctua NF-P14 FLX 140mm, NZXT Sentry 2 LCD Fan Controller
Asus ML249H
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 8th April, 2011, 03:15 PM

Imgburn is another I'd recommend, it can burn pretty much everything as well as create audio cd and video dvd's from many different media types.
Old 23rd April, 2011, 06:34 PM

Arrow

I use Nero 7 Ultra to burn anything I need regardless of what format it is in.
ISO image files, VOB movie files, Data files, etc.
But I don't always prepare what I'm going to burn with Nero.

For example copying a game for backup storage which needs the proper software to do it such as Alcohol 120%.

But for over all burning needs I use Nero 7 Ultra Enhanced.
(The last updated version of Nero 7 which is v7.11.10.0c)

I don't like the newer Nero Burning Rom versions user interface which is why I use version 7 which still works perfectly with Windows 7.

So that's my 2ยข.

EVGA GTX 470 SC 37% OC (855/1710/2004) 160.5Gbs
3DMark Vantage: P24352
3DMark 11: P5119

Last edited by MUff1N; 23rd April, 2011 at 06:39 PM.