AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   Windows 7 (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/121-windows-7/)
-   -   Microsoft Says It Has Fixes for 2,000 Windows 7 Bugs Thanks to Testers (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/windows-7/46815-microsoft-says-has-fixes-2-000-a.html)

Daniel ~ 27th February, 2009 07:56 PM

Microsoft Says It Has Fixes for 2,000 Windows 7 Bugs Thanks to Testers

Written by Daniel
Friday, 27 February 2009
Microsoft reassures its testers that it is carefully considering their feedback
Jason Mick (Blog) - February 26, 2009 10:15 AM
Daily Tech

Ever since Microsoft released the beta of its upcoming Windows 7 to the general public, hundreds of thousands of users have downloaded the OS. Many took the time to carefully sweep the system, scanning for defects or bugs. [Front page...]

Gizmo 27th February, 2009 08:59 PM

Here's what I'm wondering:

Given that Windows 7 is basically Windows Vista 'tweaked', how many of those bugs are in Vista, and how many will be fixed?

Daniel ~ 27th February, 2009 09:09 PM

Look on the bright side! Surly MS will reward all these Beta testers with a free copy of Win 7 in Final release...I just know they will...I just know it!....LOL

dsio 28th February, 2009 12:26 AM

The smartest thing for them to do would be to EOL Vista as soon as possible after Win7 by offering free license upgrades to a downmarket version of Win7, just to get Vista's maintenance costs off the books or they'll be paying for years to maintain a codebase nobody but a handful uses.

MUff1N 28th February, 2009 12:56 PM

I've used Vista Ultimate & Windows 7 to ME only looks like Vista...
The response time is so much faster not to mention resource & memory usage is way down from Vista.
Even with Vista Ultimate Tweaked Windows 7 is still much faster with about a 1/3 less memory usage when compared side by side!

Anyways, I'm still using Windows 7 on a day to day basis as my main OS now.
October is supposed to be the R1 release so this is the one that will have the 2000 bug fixes in it! I'll replace this OS with that one.
I'm sure I'll have to do a "Clean" install too, so I'll have to reinstall all my programs again... :rolleyes:

I personally reported about 5 bugs & or glitches I found with the OS.
Hope those are fixed in R1. ;)

PorPorMe 28th February, 2009 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MUff1N (Post 490572)
I've used Vista Ultimate & Windows 7 to ME only looks like Vista...
The response time is so much faster not to mention resource & memory usage is way down from Vista.
Even with Vista Ultimate Tweaked Windows 7 is still much faster with about a 1/3 less memory usage when compared side by side!

Anyways, I'm still using Windows 7 on a day to day basis as my main OS now.
October is supposed to be the R1 release so this is the one that will have the 2000 bug fixes in it! I'll replace this OS with that one.
I'm sure I'll have to do a "Clean" install too, so I'll have to reinstall all my programs again... :rolleyes:

I personally reported about 5 bugs & or glitches I found with the OS.
Hope those are fixed in R1. ;)

The way I'm set up- or should I say setting thigs up-I'm going to do s clean install of WINDOWS 7 ON c: then install XP PRO on d:

At last that is the plam fo today!-as well as conyinue cleaning my rig.

PS For some reoson my eye sight is still bad. 4.50GHZ a running measurment?
I was goung to get there, snap some screen shots and then bail back down to a running at 380G or so.
Now I'll go lump off a bridge!:(:rolleyes::rolling: