AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   Windows/Linux SMP Clients (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/123-windows-linux-smp-clients/)
-   -   Hi ThunderRd. (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/windows-linux-smp-clients/50710-hi-thunderrd.html)

Daniel ~ 3rd September, 2012 11:50 PM

Hi ThunderRd.

Still trying to install the 7.1 client. In Bodhi Linux I have the client. But can't find instructions to fit it. The 6.somethings instuctions don't work as "I" tried to use them... Can you help me out?

(Sorry really dumb of me to lose track of your previouse instructions!)

chrisbard 4th September, 2012 10:04 AM

Right click on the icon on your desktop then choose Run as Administrator. That's it! Oh wait, did you say linucs? :D :rolleyes: :rolling: :crazy:

PS You are changing your OS more often than I change my socks, any completed WU's lately? :rolling:

ThunderRd 4th September, 2012 02:19 PM

Here's the page I gave you last time:

Folding@home - LinGuide

Daniel ~ 4th September, 2012 07:00 PM

Many thanks. Again I apologize for having to ask to again for this...it just slipped away from me...

Daniel ~ 4th September, 2012 07:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisbard (Post 518680)
Right click on the icon on your desktop then choose Run as Administrator. That's it! Oh wait, did you say linucs? :D :rolleyes: :rolling: :crazy:

PS You are changing your OS more often than I change my socks, any completed WU's lately? :rolling:

Well, I stated at the bottom when I installed FAH for the first time in years...on my new LINUX box, under a new name.

I'm listed at 33 under my old name, I pasted that a while back...

What I don't understand is How I pasted myself so quickly. I folded for years on several machines and a PS3... Now it's just my 4800 running FAH when , as you say, when I'm not playing with my destros.

Why are the units I'm processing now worth more than the YEARS I folded in the past?

chrisbard 4th September, 2012 07:55 PM

Higher crunching power? Some GPU's are even more amazing than modern CPU's from what I know.

Daniel ~ 4th September, 2012 11:56 PM

Higher no doubt, but no where near THAT higher... Something else is going on with the WU scores. Just look at how many WUs my first account turned in, compared to what, 450 in my new account?

ThunderRd 5th September, 2012 01:25 AM

The WUs you are doing now are worth more points than the older ones. It is that simple.

Remember that the points are arbitrary. Pande assigns higher points now because the hardware is more expensive, powerful, etc, and it is a psychcological compensation to donors for same.

Daniel ~ 5th September, 2012 02:00 AM

I can see where it let's them get into a race that started years ago... What ever keeps 'em folding ":O}

chrisbard 5th September, 2012 01:06 PM

Folding@home - FAQ-Points

Daniel ~ 5th September, 2012 07:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Glad I selected the large Wu's... Here's some more Bodhi to get you high on Dharma!

chrisbard 5th September, 2012 08:41 PM

If you can't play games at least you play FHA :rolling:

Daniel ~ 5th September, 2012 08:59 PM

So who can't play games?

chrisbard 5th September, 2012 10:11 PM

me