Forum latest

• Happy Birthday Daniel ~!
    Allan, how very cool to hear from you! I hope that it goes well for you and your fami...
  • Happy Birthday Daniel ~!
    Does "Happy belated birthday wishes" even cover this by now? :-) Not sure it does! S...
  • It's true..
    Watched "Now You See Me 2" last night. Been a while since the first one, so I'm not a...
EVGA GeForce GTX 460 768MB Superclocked Review
Hardware
Written by Gizmo   
Thursday, 29 July 2010 18:27

From FiringSquad

With the release of the GeForce GTX 460, NVIDIA's board partners are trying all sorts of things to make their product stand apart from the crowd. Between designs like the dual-fanned ECS Black edition, Galaxy's removable fan, and MSI's completely different cyclone cooler, there are a lot of creative ideas for you to check out. However, most of these are not yet available, with most of the dozen GTX 460s listed on Newegg being based on the reference design.

The products that EVGA currently has available are comprised of the latter, baseline models that retail for right around the $200 MSRP. Their GTX 460 768MB is a carbon copy of NVIDIA's reference board and comes in two flavors, regular and Superclocked. They also have plans for both 768MB and 1GB versions with more efficient EE (external exhaust) coolers using turbine fans.

The EVGA GeForce GTX 460 768MB SC comes from the factory at higher clock speeds than normal. At 763MHz core, 950MHz memory (3800MHz effective), and 1526MHz shader clocks by default, it's 13-19% faster than a run-of-the-mill GTX 460 768MB. That's great news for those who aren't comfortable enough to do any overclocking themselves.

[Read Review] [Comment]

Don't Click Here Don't Click Here Either