Forum latest

• Happy Birthday Daniel ~!
    Allan, how very cool to hear from you! I hope that it goes well for you and your fami...
  • Happy Birthday Daniel ~!
    Does "Happy belated birthday wishes" even cover this by now? :-) Not sure it does! S...
  • It's true..
    Watched "Now You See Me 2" last night. Been a while since the first one, so I'm not a...
Pioneer VSX-520-K Review
Hardware
Written by Danrok   
Friday, 10 September 2010 08:22

From TrustedReviews:

The VSX-520 is one of three 5.1-channel receivers at the lower end of Pioneer’s current range, sandwiched between the cheaper VSX-420 and higher-specced VSX-820. Naturally, the VSX-520 adds a few extra features not found on the VSX-420, chief among which is the ability to pass through 3D signals thanks to its HDMI v1.4 sockets.

Aesthetically the VSX-520 offers few surprises but it is effortlessly attractive, sporting an eye-catching gloss-black finish, large informative display panel and bulky black dials in the lower corners for volume and input selection. Despite being covered in buttons (controlling sound modes and the built-in radio features) the overall darkness of the front panel keeps them concealed and makes the unit appear uncluttered. Unfortunately, this minimal look is also brought about by a lack of front-panel connections, except for a headphone jack and input for the auto calibration microphone.

[More...]

[Comments...]

Don't Click Here Don't Click Here Either