Forum latest

Take Better Photos With Your Android Phone
Mobile Devices
Written by Daniel   
Thursday, 09 September 2010 17:59

From PC World

Make the most of your phone's limited camera hardware and software to capture stunning pictures.

The camera in your Android phone likely packs at least 6 megapixels into each shot--but if you don't apply a little know-how to your photography, your images can look as bad as those from a classic 640-by-480-pixel camera phone.

In this article I'll detail eight tips to get great photos from an Android camera phone. You'll be able to take better shots at night, blur the background artistically, keep subjects sharp, and more. The results can beat photos from a stand-alone point-and-shoot camera, so get your picture frames ready.

What camera hardware and software you have access to depends on your phone model. I shot images with a Motorola Droid X from Verizon for this article; other handsets might not have the same features.

Keep in mind, too, that your version of Android can be the biggest factor. Froyo (Android 2.2) wasn't yet available for me to test on the Droid X (although you can get it unofficially). Depending on your phone hardware, the software update may unlock more manual controls that can help with advanced photography. Be sure to keep your phone updated, and poke around the in-camera settings to see what features are available.

[More...] [Comments...]

See also

None found.

Hardware | Windows | Linux | Security | Mobile Devices | Gaming
Tech Business | Editorial | General News | folding@home

Forum | Download Files

Copyright ©2001 - 2012, AOA Forums.  All rights reserved.

Alliance of Overclocking Arts

Links monetized by VigLink

Don't Click Here Don't Click Here Either