Forum latest

• Animal Transport Service Deals!!!
    If you want to transport animals or pets, contact cxdelivery.com. They are offering ...
  • It's true..
    Good on you if you can find a large LCD screen, I didn't look extensively so I settle...
  • It's true..
    Yes Nicole does seem cute, and as I said, I liked her in "Christmas Town", but do you...
Stanford Study: Few Experts Support Global Warming Skepticism
General
Written by Daniel   
Monday, 28 June 2010 18:01

From Daily Tech

Study says skeptics are not well-informed on the topic

Stanford University recently conducted a study that shows a minimal number of scientists who do not accept that human beings have contributed to the Earth's climate change have "far less expertise and prominence in climate research" than scientists who do believe climate change has been affected by humans.

The university came to these conclusions by analyzing the number of research papers published "by more than 900 climate researchers" and the number of times these researchers' works were cited by other scientists. The expertise was evaluated by citing the number of research papers written by scientists (with the minimum number for inclusion being 20).

Prominence was analyzed by finding the four most popular climate change and non-climate change papers published by scientists, and "tallying" the number of times these papers were cited. According to the results, approximately 64 percent of papers by climate researchers convinced of human contribution were cited more often than those who are unconvinced.

"These are standard academic metrics used when universities are making hiring or tenure decisions," said William Anderegg, lead author of a paper published in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

The scientists who participated in the study were also involved in creating the 2007 report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), which compiled and "assessed the evidence for and against human involvement in climate change, as well as any climate researchers who signed a major public statement disagreeing with the findings of the panel's report."

[More...] [Comments...]

See also

None found.

Hardware | Windows | Linux | Security | Mobile Devices | Gaming
Tech Business | Editorial | General News | folding@home

Forum | Download Files

Copyright ©2001 - 2012, AOA Forums.  All rights reserved.

Alliance of Overclocking Arts

Links monetized by VigLink

Don't Click Here Don't Click Here Either