View Single Post
Old 4th December, 2002, 08:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to mrsteel74

8RDA+ won't post with only 1 stick of ram

Ok I've been running benchmarks and what not and it seems that having Dual Channel DDR has no performance increase. I thought maybe I should rearrange the order the memory dimms are in, I'm using 2 x 256MB Corsair PC3000 dimms. Right now the dimms are in slot 1 and slot 3 I ran the memory bandwidth benchmark of sisoft sandra version 2003.1.9.26. With my XP2400+ running at default speeds and memroy running at 133sync all speeds maxed out I score 2063/2000. Is it just me or doesn't that seem kind of low for this board?
Well I wanted to make sure that dual channel was enabled and I switched the dimms to slots 1 and 2. The computer posted and then just sat there like a bump on a log. Nothing happened, the computer posted, listed my memory, listed my drives and then just sat there. I could enter the bios no problems I even cleared the cmos and still nothing. Well I decided to see what happens with only 1 stick of ram and the same thing happened. I even swapped the 1 stick between all 3 dimms and still nothing.
I decided to set my memory back the way it was in dimm 1 and 3 and it ran fine again?????????? Anyone else have this problem, I am running the beta bios that came out yesterday with support for multipliers that are 12.5 and below. I'm also running the 2.0 version drivers from nVidia's web site.

Last edited by mrsteel74; 4th December, 2002 at 08:38 PM.