View Single Post
Old 11th June, 2004, 03:29 PM

Send a message via MSN to warp1 Send a message via Yahoo to warp1

Read a review on Suse 9.1 on Arstechnica, seems pretty solid system and good for a new guy like me. Was planning on getting the personal edition though.

My only experience with linux was Redhat 9xx. Installed it on my wifes old 733 Dell and didnt have "too" many problems, but got confused really fast, although it is folding still to this day!

I guess my main question is personal vs professional. I kind of want personal to play with that "live CD" they offer but eventually want to set up a web server and maybe some other networking stuff. Most of that is covered by professional. I'm pretty sure I can add Apache anytime I want, can I add the other stuff as well via packages? If so, whats the benefit of professional other than the superb documentation?

I'll be picking it up this afternoon and working on it sometime Sunday.......any advice?

How do you like the professional Gizmo? Oh, nice jump in your folding BTW

XP2500+ @ 12.5*200(2.5Ghz), 1.95V, 12 degrees C while folding, ABIT NF7S ver 2.0, custom chilled water cooling with DangerDen Maze3, 512M PC3200 OC System RAM 6-3-3-2, Thermaltake 420W power supply, ASUS GF4 ti4200 (290/499), windows2k SP4
AOA Team fah

- You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him.