View Single Post
Old 12th September, 2008, 07:11 PM

Thanks Giz, the open source part I don't have any problem with and I recognize that a lot of the distros were started in someones elecrtonic version of the garage with friends and buddies adding to it as times go buy. I knew, and thought it was a great way to do things, that before this article.
Your forum isn't a very good example. You have an obvious answer as to who is paying the bills. Your advertisers. Then there are the smucks like me that you extort $2 a month out of.
Mandriva is obvious. They have the free version and a pay version. Isn't Fedora going to spin off another distro that will be a pay version?
While things are small in scale, A web site, downloads, forum, community, yada yada, it's a hobby, doesn't cost a lot-that's in reletive terms!!
This one is different. This is big money. May be this is like a hoby for him, mabe he does have that kind of money. If it is then I'm satisfied. Like he needs to report to me!

1ST * Asus M5A99FX Pro r 2.0 *AMD FX 8350 Black Edition *Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240 CPU Cooler * Crucial 16g DDR3 * MSI Geforce GTX 1050 * Antec 650w* Thermaltake V9 Case
2nd Asus M5A99fx Pro R2.0 Mainboard *AMD FX 4300 Black edition * l6g Crutial DDR3 * Evga Geforce Gt 730 * Coolermaster Dual fan HSF * 500w Thermaltake PSU * 320g western digital HDD