AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > 64 Bit computing

64 Bit computing "The" Topic for emerging 64 bit hardware and software.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 7th October, 2004, 03:05 PM

Question Problem installing SoundCard Drivers

Hi all,
Mainboard

I have installed via chipset drivers from viatech.com (64Bit Beta).
Quote:
VIA Hyperion Pro64 drivers
The driver below is BETA. It is for Microsoft Windows XP 64 and Windows Server 2003 64 bit version ONLY supporting the components for VIA K8T800, K8T800Pro and K8M800 chipsets including VT8237 South Bridge features as follows:

VIA AC97 Audio driver for integrated controller
Raid Combo driver v3.10, including support for VT8237, VT6410, VT6420 and VT6421 controllers
Raid Tool v 4.04
Please note that this package does not contain the driver for the UniChromePro integrated graphics of the K8M800 chipset. Users will need to download the beta 64 bit drivers seperately.
but now I have a problem with the soundcard drivers. My Mainboard as you can see has no VIA integrated audio controller, but my system installs them and now the Mixer Device in the Sound Options is that AC'97 Audio Controller. I have found the drivers for my onboard soundcard "ADI AD1980, 6-channel CODEC S/PDIF out interface" in the AOA Filebase ("hay3k ad1980 64bit.zip - April 13, 2004: 9:36pm - Uploaded by: smidgley
ADI AD1980 SoundMAX drivers - 64-bit")

And now my questions:
Are these the right drivers?
And how to install them, there is no setup.exe and I don't now how to install them manually?
And what to do with that AC'97Audio controller?

THX for help
Old 1st November, 2004, 12:01 PM
Member/Contributer

do you get sound with the ac'97 drivers are they actually working?
To install drivers manually you need to goto device manager under system properties, hardware then goto your sound device currently something along the lines of ac'97 audio for via audio controller double click this and go to the drivers tab click update drivers and select not to look on the internet and then select install from a list or specific location then browse to where you have the drivers for your sound stored.
I'm not 100% sure of this but you onboard sound could just be an ac'97 audio controller so if it works it with what is currently installed it may be fine as is but you can try changing the drivers

Tobias F√ľnke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th January, 2005, 11:08 PM

I am having the same problem with my K8V SE Deluxe mobo and I tried installling the drivers the way the guy above listed and Windows does not find anything to install. Now what?!
Old 9th January, 2005, 11:45 PM

Chriso,

If you goto this page
http://www.asus.com.tw/support/downl...eluxe&Type=All

Download the sound drivers which would be relevent to you (one of the top 2), unzip them, if there is an executable in the zip file, then that should install the drivers for you automatically, do what Graham said above to install the drivers manually.

I am downloading the file now, and will let you know which way round you do it when I get the file.

Main machine                Gateway machine         Wifey's machine
O/S WIN XP Pro SP1              SuSE 9.2                WIN XP Pro SP2
CPU 2.8 Celeron D               1Ghz Pentium III        2.4 Celeron D
RAM 768MB PC2700                512MB PC133             512mb PC2700
HDS 40GB Excelstar              20GB Quantum Fireball   40GB
VID XFX FX6600GT 128MB          NVidia 2 MX400 32MB     O/B AGP Video
MOB Eliteforce ECS 661FX-M      DELL                    DELL
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th January, 2005, 11:54 PM

yep, there is a setup.exe file in the zip, so just run that and hopefully you are laughing

Main machine                Gateway machine         Wifey's machine
O/S WIN XP Pro SP1              SuSE 9.2                WIN XP Pro SP2
CPU 2.8 Celeron D               1Ghz Pentium III        2.4 Celeron D
RAM 768MB PC2700                512MB PC133             512mb PC2700
HDS 40GB Excelstar              20GB Quantum Fireball   40GB
VID XFX FX6600GT 128MB          NVidia 2 MX400 32MB     O/B AGP Video
MOB Eliteforce ECS 661FX-M      DELL                    DELL