View Single Post
Old 27th June, 2002, 04:51 PM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

Problem with peltiers is they are grossly in-efficient. To get the same performance from a TEC instead of a rad, the heatsink would have to be the size of your case! Its doable, but not nearly as effective. A 2 litre reservoir could cope with my XP1800 no problem 31c load temps!

You could use an Evaporative cooler or "bong" i have one down my shed, they can be made quiet, and small, (mines a traditional one, huge, and sounds like a waterfall) Only real problem is you cannot use water additives, and are very high maintenance, they evaporate water at quite a rate!

You could even go silly and put a simple copper coil into a bucket of water in a freezer! this will be fairly efficient and give excellent results!
Attached Thumbnails
Alternitives to radiators?-evaptower.jpg  

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Duron 1.3 AHCLA "9" @ 1430mhz

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Folding Under AOA-UK for team 45!

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."