AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 3rd March, 2003, 12:28 AM

AMD 1200 Temp

Hi All,

I am very new to overclocking, but the more I read the more interested I become. I am getting a new machine soon, and my current machine seems like a good candidate to attempt my first overclock. One question though. It is a AMD 1200 on an asus am7266 motherboard. I have installed a Zalman flower cpu cooler. The asus temp readings under the bios say that the processor temp is 115F and case at 82f. This seems pretty high to me, for something that is not overclocked. Any opinions on what it should be and reccommendations for overclocking? Thanks.
Old 3rd March, 2003, 12:39 AM

Send a message via ICQ to SiGmA_X Send a message via AIM to SiGmA_X Send a message via MSN to SiGmA_X Send a message via Yahoo to SiGmA_X

Can you get those temp's in C (I'm not going to attempt spelling it.. )? They sound Okay, but I don't know my F -> C conversion ratio..
Old 3rd March, 2003, 02:09 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Welcome to AOA, jonnycharlotte!

AMD Thunderbirds get hot. 115F isn't bad at all--unless your machine is in a 60F room.

The Zalman Flower HSF's aren't built with overclocking in mind. Don't know if you want to go to the trouble and expense of buying and installing a high performance HSF for what will probably become your second echelon machine.

Extra cooling needs to be installed before overclocking is attempted. I decided to do it the other way around. Once. Toasted CPU. Oops!