AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Case Modifications

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 21st November, 2001, 04:18 AM
Banned

So this is where all the extreme stuff happens

Love the case Jen. Very impressive.

Dimm, you need to put some clothes on that PC I was embarassed and red-cheeked just looking at it.
Old 21st November, 2001, 04:21 AM
Systems Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Superman

Quote:
Originally posted by Pinky
Dimm, you need to put some clothes on that PC I was embarassed and red-cheeked just looking at it.
You should have seen the drool coming out of my computer's ZIP drive

That's how my next system will be. Too _____ (fill in blank) to _____ (fill in blank) case for computer.

"You have to go outside the sequence of engines, into the world of men, to find the real originator of the rocket. Is it not equally reasonable to look outside nature for the real Originator of the natural order?
-C.S. Lewis

Director of JavaScript section of the Allied Sites Support Team, web designer and programmer for DaOCPlace, and co-web designer and programmer for AOA Files

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 21st November, 2001, 11:00 AM

Send a message via ICQ to dimmreaper Send a message via AIM to dimmreaper

Quote:
Originally posted by Azriel
I hate mitsumi CD drives.

Hmm . . . . they have always worked fine for me. I've owned three of 'em that I can remember. I've gotten a Slot load Pioneer 16X DVD drive since the picture was taken, though I'm not sure which PC to us it with . . .

Wishing you were someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 21st November, 2001, 01:13 PM
Systems Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Superman

I have a slot Pioneer 16x DVD, it kicks butt. Looks cool too. I bought it so I could pop my CD-RW drive and the CD/DVD in my DVD drive out a once.

"You have to go outside the sequence of engines, into the world of men, to find the real originator of the rocket. Is it not equally reasonable to look outside nature for the real Originator of the natural order?
-C.S. Lewis

Director of JavaScript section of the Allied Sites Support Team, web designer and programmer for DaOCPlace, and co-web designer and programmer for AOA Files

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Old 29th November, 2001, 02:50 AM
Banned

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Winkie Send a message via AIM to Winkie Send a message via Yahoo to Winkie

Hehe, I too also have the 16x DVD 40x CD Pioneer drive and it's the best error correcting drive i've ever seen, it is my drive of choice despite the 50x one I've got jammed in there

it's 10mm longer than normal drives though, which is annoying
Old 1st December, 2001, 08:19 AM

Send a message via AIM to The Spyder Send a message via MSN to The Spyder

Whats a case ???? :-D It seems that all i need is a large work bench to put my computers out on!
1993 Mazda Rx7 R1 345whp. 2008 Mazda 3 Hatch
AOA Team fah
Old 3rd December, 2001, 08:27 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jackie Leong

great job Jen.. nice, btw.. i saw the watercooling rig going through something other than your processor, but it's not a graphic card.. on some sort of copper thingy.
http://www.coolhardwarez.com/
Old 3rd December, 2001, 08:30 AM
Banned

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Winkie Send a message via AIM to Winkie Send a message via Yahoo to Winkie

that is the processor

the other fan you can see is the northbridge fan on the abit kt7a motherboard, looks different than stock though
Old 13th December, 2001, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by b0bb1nz
that is the processor

the other fan you can see is the northbridge fan on the abit kt7a motherboard, looks different than stock though
You really sure that's the processor ? The tubing goes through a waterblock or something at the bottom of the rear blowholes. Any idea what's that ? Don't think the processor is there..
Old 13th December, 2001, 04:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by b0bb1nz
that is the processor

I had a generic heatsink that i bought for something . Then a 40 mm delta 7000 rpm fan felt it may help cool the northbridge better .

Jen
Old 13th December, 2001, 04:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Leong

You really sure that's the processor ? The tubing goes through a waterblock or something at the bottom of the rear blowholes. Any idea what's that ? Don't think the processor is there..

Water lines go under the bottom fan to the water block . Thats the only thing I try to keep cool. I did at one time run water lines to video card and such. But never saw any benefit to that cause I dont overclock video cards. And then the lines make it very hard to work around if you have them going everywhere

Jen
Old 13th December, 2001, 07:50 PM

i still don't get it, anyway.. ignore me
Old 13th December, 2001, 08:04 PM
Banned

its good to ask questions. thats how we all learn

Jen