AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Case Modifications

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 18th January, 2002, 08:16 PM

Fan controller overload

I'm planning on replacing a few fans on my case & was wondering if the fan speed controller of my PC70 can handle the Sunon 80mm 50CFM. I would still like the option of having 3 speeds to set the lower front fans. Does anybody know if it'll be OK? If not maybe explain to me how to find out if the circuit can handle it. Thanks for your time
¤GF2MX 230core/205mem
¤431W Enermax PSU
¤2 X 20Gig Barracuda III RAID0
¤WXP Pro
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 20th January, 2002, 09:24 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Perhaps Lian-Li makes the info you need available on their Web site. They should, for such expensive cases.

The 50cfm 80mm Sunon's draw 4.2 Watts, if I remember right. Doesn't sound like much--until you remember that the low voltage values in PC's mean that the 4.2 W must be supplied via Amperage!

I almost fell over when I learned that CPU's suck 30 Amps, and more. Enough to kill 60 people holding hands, in theory.

Please tell me, why must modern processors have HSF's? It's a miracle that such a small piece of glass can even survive 1 Amp!
Old 21st January, 2002, 10:12 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by cloasters
Please tell me, why must modern processors have HSF's? It's a miracle that such a small piece of glass can even survive 1 Amp!
You're kidding me right? You'll find that some of the laser diodes are running over 8,000Amps/cm^2. Processors are pretty low powered in comparison.

AidanII