AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Case Modifications

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 22nd January, 2002, 10:14 AM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

My 1st case mod..... oops

i kinda sat on the side panel to my £180 YY server cube.....oops! i got it back to more or less straight but gonna get some of the car bodywork guys at college to beat it back to true.

or i might just hack it up and stick a window in it etc as that should hide the wobblyness.

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Duron 1.3 AHCLA "9" @ 1430mhz

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Folding Under AOA-UK for team 45!

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 22nd January, 2002, 11:44 AM

Send a message via AIM to ItHuNkPuNk

HACK IT UP!! HACK IT UP!!
Old 22nd January, 2002, 08:02 PM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

i intend to! i got a £160 budget to get it up to standard tinted window so u can only see in when the cold cathode is lit....... side 120mm blowhole top 120 blow hole, other side single 80mm hole.
power LED:white, the rest blue, probably blue on keyboard and monitor, sprayed black, might mod CDROM LED and floppy to have bloo too.

oh and i think ill get a swiftech and delta 80mm

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 22nd January, 2002, 10:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to ItHuNkPuNk

D@MN! Sounds like getting sat on was the best thing that ever happened to that case LOL :
Old 22nd January, 2002, 10:21 PM

how about a UFO mod too?

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Old 23rd January, 2002, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Random Nonsense
i intend to! i got a £160 budget to get it up to standard tinted window so u can only see in when the cold cathode is lit....... side 120mm blowhole top 120 blow hole, other side single 80mm hole.
power LED:white, the rest blue, probably blue on keyboard and monitor, sprayed black, might mod CDROM LED and floppy to have bloo too.

oh and i think ill get a swiftech and delta 80mm
Sounds cool.

Just try not to sit on anything else

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Old 23rd January, 2002, 11:57 AM

no prob holst! i just hope i can fit the fan in on the top, its a tight squeeze

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Old 4th February, 2002, 02:39 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jackie Leong

hey, did you really sat on that case ??

okay, so you are gonna mod it and sit on top of it again.. hehe, if you crack the window, you might achieve a great lighting effect from outside
http://www.coolhardwarez.com/
Old 4th February, 2002, 08:25 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Holst, I love your avatar. Well done! Sorry, OT.
Old 7th February, 2002, 10:24 PM

yup did sit on it

i replacing one whole panel with poerspex, painting a border on the inside, cutting two blowholes and using tinting film so its opaque until the cold cathode turns on

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Old 9th February, 2002, 06:47 PM

cold cathode arrived god it looks cool! now i just need to cut the blowholes in the window, mask it, paint it, tint it and install it

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Old 9th February, 2002, 11:14 PM

no light:
Attached Thumbnails
My 1st case mod..... oops-pic00002.jpg  

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Old 9th February, 2002, 11:15 PM

um with light
Attached Thumbnails
My 1st case mod..... oops-pic00003.jpg  

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Old 10th February, 2002, 12:35 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Nice! This is an impressive pic, RN. How does it look with the window in place? Please keep us au courant.
Old 10th February, 2002, 02:22 PM

i havent been able to finish the window.... i replaced the entire panel side with 4mm perspex.... a border will be painted around the edge on the inside... two 120mm blow holes, one front bottom, one top back, the actual window area will be tinted using window tinting film, with the light off the whole panel looks gloss black, but i flick the switch and it will come alive

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Old 12th February, 2002, 09:37 PM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

WOW, now that's a bright light