AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Case Modifications

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10th March, 2002, 04:16 AM

Helping a friend with a case mod.

I'm posting this for a...uh...friend. Yeah. 'Cause I'm not a spaz with a dremel like he is. Anyway, here's what I'm, uh, HE'S dealing with. In the attached pics is his case front. I, that is, HE is putting an external "Hoot Chute" in to accomidate his two front 80mm fans. Problem is, as you can see, is he forgot to measure twice and cut once. Not like me. I always remember to do that.

Anyway, what I..HE (damn!) wants to do is find something to fill those gaps around the cuts in with. At first, he though Caulk would be a good idea. But it never got hard, just kinda stayed soft. And it didn't really sand down well. I was at an auto shop recently, and saw some Bondo, and thought that might work for his problem, but I wasn't sure. Anyone have any ideas on what can be used to fill these gaps? The bezel is a bit curved so it has to be able to be formed and perhaps sanded down. Colors not a big deal, so long as it takes painting well.
Attached Thumbnails
Helping a friend with a case mod.-im000098.jpg  
Old 10th March, 2002, 04:17 AM

Same thing, different view.
Attached Thumbnails
Helping a friend with a case mod.-im000099.jpg  
Old 10th March, 2002, 07:42 AM
AOA Staff

ok , first off, you might be able to use that rubber boulding they put around the inide of fan and window holes, or you could try and find a bigger duct and take another stab at it
Old 10th March, 2002, 08:36 AM

Send a message via AIM to ItHuNkPuNk

BIGGER FANS!! :devil: :devil:
Old 10th March, 2002, 11:02 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to efiman

bond could work because its hard sandable and paintable i think it would be your best choice unless u found a bigger duct

mike
Old 11th March, 2002, 01:14 AM

Looks like I'll be going with Bondo. Seems to be the best way to go. Wait, HE'LL be going with bondo. Not me. Because I didn't screw it up.