AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Case Modifications

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 29th August, 2006, 08:57 PM

The NZXT Zero...

I was trying to decide on a case for my new build and I came across this:

http://www.nzxt.com/image/2/144/
http://www.nzxt.com/image/2/146/
http://www.nzxt.com/image/2/143/
http://www.nzxt.com/image/2/139/

Product page: http://www.nzxt.com/products/zero/

Yes, it has FOUR 120mm fan slots in the window ALONE! Plus two more at the back, one at the front, and a 80mm fan on the top. Plus in my opinion it's the most stunning looking case I've ever seen. Theres only one problem, I can't find anywhere that sells it. I think it must be a new addition or something, because it's nowhere to be found on NZXT's community boards.

So, has anyone seen it before? What do you guys think of it?
Old 29th August, 2006, 10:02 PM

Send a message via MSN to skool h8r

Certainly is stunning. It is a new currently unreleased case and here's some info on it for you:

Quote:
Los Angeles, CA - August 14th, 2006 - NZXT, a company built upon gamer's dreams, is announcing the launch of the anticipated full tower aluminum chassis under the Crafted Series, the NZXT Zero.

”We consider the Zero the ultimate cooling chassis because NZXT will be the only brand on the market to have all the eight fans come standard. The expandability and aluminum construction of the case also makes it a great buy. For design we have decided to use a combination of thick aluminum and smoked acrylic. The Zero should prove to be another great addition to our line of cases,” said Johnny Hou, Chief Designer at NZXT.

Features include – Aluminum plated front panel, Stocked with seven 12cm fans and one 8cm fan running at ultra low speed, Screw less design, dual front USB, HD audio and Firewire ports, Full tower aluminum chassis.

The Zero is scheduled to arrive in U.S. retail stores in Early September, 2006.
HTH,
Scott.

YouTube - Benchmark Results (Coming Soon!)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 29th August, 2006, 10:22 PM
AOA Staff

Front Page:
http://www.aoaforums.com/frontpage/content/view/1109/2/
Old 29th August, 2006, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skool h8r
Certainly is stunning. It is a new currently unreleased case and here's some info on it for you:

HTH,
Scott.
Damn, that was on the front page of the NZXT site. How did I manage to miss it?
Old 30th August, 2006, 12:25 AM

Send a message via MSN to Rondog

Looks nice. I'm in the market for a new case. But I want a little one. Like the Aspire QPack.

Rig 1: Intel Core i5 750,4gb,HD6870,500gb,W7 Ult x64
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 30th August, 2006, 04:32 AM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

Uh, that's my case with different cladding, and no chrome.
Old 30th August, 2006, 05:24 AM

You mean the Aurora???

Guess what I'm starring at riiiiiiiight now?

$50, can't beat it
Old 30th August, 2006, 11:06 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Nate-X Send a message via AIM to Nate-X

Damn.. If I hadn't already bought the p180b I would of considered this bad boy.
Old 30th August, 2006, 11:26 AM

That case already has a problem. The supports for the hard drives are almost solid, so any air trying to pass through from the front fans is going to get blocked off almost completely....I can't understand this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf2000me
Skinny people are not petite in every aspect of the body, let me tell you that
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsio
I was searching for a synonym for testicles that rhymed with hats

[/FONT]

Old 30th August, 2006, 06:47 PM
AOA's resident barman

Send a message via ICQ to Favu Send a message via AIM to Favu Send a message via MSN to Favu

Waddayaknow? The man has a point!

Custom 8-bit Sharp Z80 @ 4.194304 MHz
Reflective LCD @ 160 × 144
8 kByte S-RAM

Old 31st August, 2006, 01:20 AM
Metal Wizard

I think having 7 120mm fans is just ridiculous and then one little 80mm in the top? Who the hell configured this? I took my front door off cuz it always hangs open while transferring in and out blank Dvd's and what have you. On the plus side however you could cut in a nice window on the side and then run just 1 x 120mm fan or 2 if you like that much noise
What is this about not enough air through the HDD rack Is this the mod section or what?? I feel I can make absolutey any box a great box for air flow. I never buy boxes that are done. If I did I would not post here.
Now don't go telling me about all the tools needed to do this job. If you can afford new machines and dual cards and lots of games you can certainly find away to come up with a few basic yet nice and functional tools to do this work. Personally The case does not float my boat But I could make it so it would.

WZ
Old 13th September, 2006, 07:23 PM

Well it's now in stock at Newegg, too bad I'm not in the US.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811146029
Old 13th September, 2006, 07:54 PM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

Cool.

BTW, the air flow over the drives is very surprising...you can feel the air flow over the drives through those holes, even with no side on the case, at least it works that way in my aurora, even with the slow-as-a-snail 20cfm fans that came with the case. HDD temp by SMART is 32c in 26c ambient.
Old 14th September, 2006, 02:40 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Here's what I look for, tall, no rough edges and a good overall finish to the INSIDE of the case.(Ease of cleaning) A removable driver cage, the easier and more direct the better. Square in all dimensions.

No fans or as few as they let me order, no PSU, I've found I'm much better off choosing my own from my collection...":O}

Never a swing front door what a PITA! I alway set up on the wrong side of the door...ALWAYS! LOL

I like nicely raised mounds for the MB attachment with solid mounts. I REALLY like removable sliding MB trays, but ONLY if they are well constructed.

I find that two eighties or a single 120 in front and a the same out the back is plenty, But I adjust to maintain or create a small positive pressure inside the case. I REQUIRE air filtration! I filter any open slots on the side panels.... makes keeping them clean Soooo much easier! But hey, I've bought cases with none of these things because they looked great!

(That's why I now have a mental list! LOL)

I also like black... no reason, I just do.
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 17th October, 2006, 07:29 PM

Got it!

Well, I bought the case. So far I dont have the rest of the PC, but I got some piccies in the meantime. By the way, a cool trick I learned (you probably all know this but I'll post it for those who don't) is that you can make a PSU 'switch on' without a motherboard by shorting the third and fourth pins from the left on the top row of the motherboard power connector when the plastic clip is facing upwards. It allowed me to get the fans and cathode lit up for these pics.

You might think that with 8 case fans it's really loud, in actual fact its pretty damn quiet. I might not actually have any PC in there yet, but for 8 fans its very impressive. So it's not much of a surprise each 120mm fan pushes a mediocre amount of air, but with them all added together theres quite a good draft shooting out of the back.

So far I'm really glad I bought it. Oh and if anyone buys one, the side panel swings outwards like a door, it doesnt pull off parallel to the case. Took me a while to figure that out.
Attached Thumbnails
The NZXT Zero...-dscf9287.jpg   The NZXT Zero...-dscf9289.jpg   The NZXT Zero...-dscf9294.jpg   The NZXT Zero...-dscf9299.jpg  
Old 17th October, 2006, 08:10 PM
AOA Staff

Looks nice!
Old 17th October, 2006, 10:03 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

I'm happy it's meeting your expectations! ":O}
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 18th October, 2006, 07:55 AM

Send a message via AIM to captaincurran Send a message via MSN to captaincurran Send a message via Yahoo to captaincurran Send a message via Skype™ to captaincurran

what other kinds of mods should we expect to see you do to it?

Old 18th October, 2006, 12:20 PM

I'm not sure I've got the balls to take something sharp and pointy to it...
Old 18th October, 2006, 05:19 PM

How much? And is it all aluminium inside?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf2000me
Skinny people are not petite in every aspect of the body, let me tell you that
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsio
I was searching for a synonym for testicles that rhymed with hats

[/FONT]