AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Case Modifications

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 29th November, 2001, 03:06 AM
Banned

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Winkie Send a message via AIM to Winkie Send a message via Yahoo to Winkie

not bad, .45's leave some pretty beasty holes, begin in the UK we're not allowed guns anymore :-(

I loved going to the gun club when I was 7 or 8 or something, .45's almost broke my wrist

I would have put a few 3006s in there if I could, they'd leave some rather deep holes
Old 29th November, 2001, 04:14 AM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via ICQ to Azriel

The 30-06 would leave beautifully clean holes. A .300 Magnum would be even cleaner. A .300 magnum is a 30-06's slug with a lot more powder behinds it. I don't think you are going to find any shooting range that will let you fire one if they know what it is. It'll cut a nice "clean" hole right through the engine of a car. (Yes, I have access one.) I still don't like the bullet holes look, but if that's what you want to do with your case... go for it.
Old 29th November, 2001, 04:26 AM
Banned

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Winkie Send a message via AIM to Winkie Send a message via Yahoo to Winkie

Yeah, imagine hitting a pc side with a .50 sniper rifle round, those things kill at something like 10 miles, if you're off by something like .001 degrees firing it you end up being a hugely huge amount out!

it's quite incredible how accurate you have to be

anyway,azriel, i'd appreciate your advice in my vcr modding thread
Old 29th November, 2001, 04:32 AM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via ICQ to Azriel

Nooooo... !!!!!!!! I don't wanna cut up my VCR...

I'll check it out.
Old 26th December, 2001, 12:54 AM

Where are the pictures?
This seems be be a very interesting thread.