AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Case Modifications

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 27th August, 2002, 03:57 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Uncle Bob's New Case!!!

Yes here it is!!! Enjoy, I got this case for him at the show for $49 (no PS)

MODDED and ALL.
Rob
Attached Thumbnails
Uncle Bob's New Case!!!-uncle-bobs-case.jpg  
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 27th August, 2002, 08:00 AM

I can't wait, thanks Robbie. Good chatting with you tonight, take care, my friend.
ASROCK: 1 * BIOSTAR: 1 * ASUS: 5 * CHAINTECH: 7 * GIGABYTE: 2 *IWILL: 1 * MSI: 3* TYAN: 2
175+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Climate Prediction Team as The Uncle B's!!
and more coming all the time!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 27th August, 2002, 09:04 AM

I saw the same case at a chain store this past weekend $139.00USD No PSU .Nice looking case but............ My wife would have stroke seeing how my SkyHawk is only a few months old

2nd Rig, MSI K7N2 Delta 2, XP-3200 Barton, Global Win CK-38 w/60mm Delta, 9600XT, XP Pro

99% of all computer problems are sitting in front of the monitor But.... so is the Solution!
Old 27th August, 2002, 01:49 PM

Send a message via ICQ to SiGmA_X Send a message via AIM to SiGmA_X Send a message via MSN to SiGmA_X Send a message via Yahoo to SiGmA_X

My parents would too

But I love my Lian Li PC-70, and I'm not giving it up, so I'll keep it.

Sadistic Warrior... WTF are you doing with a un-overclocked XP1600+? Boost it up to like 1.6GHz!
Old 28th August, 2002, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SiGmA_X
My parents would too

But I love my Lian Li PC-70, and I'm not giving it up, so I'll keep it.

Sadistic Warrior... WTF are you doing with a un-overclocked XP1600+? Boost it up to like 1.6GHz!
SiGmA I just havent got around to it (Married with a 13 year old son) besides I just got it about a month ago to replace a K6-2 533 ,I'm still amaised how fast it is stock ,but................. my family is going out of town this weekend so I think I'll do some playing with speed then. I looked at the chip(10x) when I got it and it dosent look like it was ever locked all the L1's look connected :-D

2nd Rig, MSI K7N2 Delta 2, XP-3200 Barton, Global Win CK-38 w/60mm Delta, 9600XT, XP Pro

99% of all computer problems are sitting in front of the monitor But.... so is the Solution!
Old 28th August, 2002, 03:24 AM

SIGma X what kind of speed do you think I can get using PC-133 and is it really worth OCing with this ram? I have never Oced before but I been reading everything I can find on the subject. I think I'm ready to see just what I can get out of it.

Old 28th August, 2002, 03:28 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Quote:
Originally posted by SadisticWarrior
SIGma X what kind of speed do you think I can get using PC-133 and is it really worth OCing with this ram? I have never Oced before but I been reading everything I can find on the subject. I think I'm ready to see just what I can get out of it.

Once you do, you'll NEVER want to turn back. But heed this warning. WATCH THE TEMPS!!!!!

Overclock my friend overclock on.
Rob
AOA Team fah
Old 28th August, 2002, 03:58 AM

Send a message via AIM to The Spyder Send a message via MSN to The Spyder

Overclocking to do list:
1. Dont listen to sigma
2. Get a DDR board--- without good crucial ram- you will only get 150fsb max---
3. Get good cooling- an AX7 and 50cfm fan would be fine-
4. Get good airflow- system temps are a must watch- a fan over the cpu is benificial-
5. Find out which Xp 1600 you have- AGOIA is what your looking for- they can do 1800+----
6. Overclocking is easy- why do you think they put a clear cmos jumper on boards :-)
Spyder
1993 Mazda Rx7 R1 345whp. 2008 Mazda 3 Hatch
AOA Team fah
Old 28th August, 2002, 04:27 AM

Send a message via ICQ to SiGmA_X Send a message via AIM to SiGmA_X Send a message via MSN to SiGmA_X Send a message via Yahoo to SiGmA_X

Spyder, lay off! Just cuz I help people some times when you aren't online, and because you won't talk to me offline because of that (so we can't even resolve any problems that might exist!) I CAN and DO help people!

SadisticWarrior:
First off, I think you can get a little out of that RAM... I would say get DDR and a nice KT333 or KT400 board, but for now, play with your current setup

What type of cooler do you have? If it's a stock HSF, I would recommend a ThermalRight AX-7 (Runs about $20-25 + fan)

If you have any questions about OC'ing, just ask! It's what AOA is all about
Old 28th August, 2002, 04:30 AM
AOA Staff

Come on guys, no need to flame each other on the boards.
Rob
AOA Team fah
Old 28th August, 2002, 05:03 AM

Re: Uncle Bob's New Case!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by robbie
Yes here it is!!! Enjoy, I got this case for him at the show for $49 (no PS)

MODDED and ALL.
Rob
Did you get it in the mail today? How much do I need to send in a money order?
ASROCK: 1 * BIOSTAR: 1 * ASUS: 5 * CHAINTECH: 7 * GIGABYTE: 2 *IWILL: 1 * MSI: 3* TYAN: 2
175+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Climate Prediction Team as The Uncle B's!!

Old 28th August, 2002, 05:31 AM

Send a message via AIM to The Spyder Send a message via MSN to The Spyder

Bob-- did that duron adcutaly work?????? - Ohhh- and is that case Aluminum?

- Rob- still have that old case?---
Sigma- go to hell-my grandpas in the hospital and we are awating phone calls which are a hell of alot more important then you.-

1993 Mazda Rx7 R1 345whp. 2008 Mazda 3 Hatch
AOA Team fah
Old 28th August, 2002, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Spyder
Bob-- did that duron adcutaly work?????? - Ohhh- and is that case Aluminum?

- Rob- still have that old case?---
Sigma- go to hell-my grandpas in the hospital and we are awating phone calls which are a hell of alot more important then you.-

I haven't tried it yet, waiting on case. I don't think it's aluminum for that price, I'm not really sure???

Old 28th August, 2002, 09:30 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Please stop short of flaming, everybody. Yes, they are mild as flames go on other BBS's, yet we strive to retain a high standard of civility. Thank you very much!
Old 1st September, 2002, 08:26 PM
AOA Staff

Sooooo, were is Uncle Bob's case???
find it here
http://www.fedex.com/cgi-bin/trackin..._code=us&mps=y

Rob
AOA Team fah
Old 1st September, 2002, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by robbie
Sooooo, were is Uncle Bob's case???
find it here
http://www.fedex.com/cgi-bin/trackin..._code=us&mps=y

Rob
Boo, Hoo..
It may not be here till Tuesday now, it's probably not going anywhere on Monday!. I'm sure it's in Bellingham by now, tho. I'll let you know when it gets here.

Old 1st September, 2002, 08:57 PM
AOA Staff

It's a GREAT case, I think. I hope you enjoy it. And the mod the ***** out of it.
Rob
AOA Team fah
Old 1st September, 2002, 11:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to Cyberey66

Those cases are all over ebay latly. I was debating on getting one for the price alone, but the shipping price of $30-35 they charge is kind of high, so I'll have to stick with my skyhawk also. Is the front panel on that aluminum?

"skin and tragedy are the ways to attract a crowd"
Old 2nd September, 2002, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Spyder
Oh yeah, that call from Tim @ Belmont is far more importain, eh? You have 2 lines, use one for talking to me and one for waiting for the phone call... LoL... Sorry about your grand father tho. Is he getting better? Hope so.
Old 2nd September, 2002, 01:48 AM
AOA Staff

Cyberey66, want me to get you one? (you'd have to pay me for it of course) It only cost about$27 to ship it to Uncle Bob. And that WASN"T the cheapest.

Rob
AOA Team fah