AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Case Modifications

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 28th October, 2001, 01:23 AM

What is a good floppy to mod the LED to a Blue

I modded an old floppy soldiered a red LED in place of the crappy green. now I want to do this to another but blue and the other three floppy drives I have are very hard to get to the LEDs. Do you guys know a good Moddable floppy drive?
Old 30th October, 2001, 08:19 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

While snap-on/off bezels for the front of PC cases are convenient, many of them have a considerable drawback. They grab the bezels of CD-ROM and Floppy drives and attempt to snap them off, along with the case's bezel.

Some CD-ROM bezels will snap back in place if you use a tiny screwdriver to compress the "bump" in the side of the bezel, then press it back into place. No such luck with Teac and Samsung Floppy drives. When their bezels are broken, they present an untidy, wobbly bezel that needs to be pushed into proper alignment every time, after you pull a floppy out of them.

Great woe for would-be owners of shipshape and Bristol fashion PC's.

This long preamble simply means that breaking the front bezels off of Teac and Samsung FDD's is no great feat. With the bezel removed, access to the LED is possible. But probably not easy. FDD's are cheap if you buy them at the right places.

If you wish to awaken your neighbors in the next town when the blue LED in your FDD lights up, that is your prerogative.