AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cooling & Temperature Monitoring (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Internal WaterCooler (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4825)

SiGmA_X 24th April, 2002 07:05 PM

Internal WaterCooler

I have given up the idea of making a fridge water cooler. I will be using a radiator with a Sunon 120mm (84CFM 35dba) fan. I need some information on what type of radiator to use in my Lian Li PC-07 case. And what type of pump/tank also?

The price range is not set, but lower is better.

surlyjoe 24th April, 2002 08:08 PM

automotive heater cores giver the best bang for the buck by far, and can be found in any size. Everyone loves the danner and enheim pumps, but, I am partial to little giant myself, since I have one that has outlived 2 others in a different machine :ying:

dimmreaper 24th April, 2002 11:56 PM

What surlyjoe said . . .

The Spyder 25th April, 2002 03:09 AM

www.dangerden.com or www.overclockershideout.com
Spyder

SiGmA_X 26th April, 2002 04:31 AM

Could some one suggest a small yet powerful radiator that can run on one 120mm fan? And also a pump/storage container? I need this to all fit in to a Lian Li PC-07. Thankx.

mrpcman 26th April, 2002 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SiGmA_X
Could some one suggest a small yet powerful radiator that can run on one 120mm fan? And also a pump/storage container? I need this to all fit in to a Lian Li PC-07. Thankx.

i've got a tricked out tupperwear container for my resivoir, and it works fine.

The Spyder 26th April, 2002 05:28 AM

From what i have told you outside of here- use the rad and pump/resivor for overclockershideout.com- it looks sweet- good results and excelnt price!
Spyder

Duckman 26th April, 2002 10:27 AM

If you want something that's small, I can only recommend innovaCOOL Rev 3.0, reviewed here . Small, efficlient, really easy to mount, and looks pretty good as well. Best kit in our round-up so far.

http://www.dwpg.com/viewimage.php?im...23553642.pjpeg

If you want a cheap, yet good performing kit, i suggest Cool-Computers.Com . I don't have any pics uploaded on my server for the moment, but it looks really good. Performance is on par with the $100 more expensive Swiftech kit...

http://www.cool-computers.com/site/c...cket-a_new.jpg

SiGmA_X 26th April, 2002 05:36 PM

Duckman, your site is nice. Damn.

I think I am going to use the following supplies:

MAZE3 Waterblock - $42

The Super Cube - $62.50

mrpcman 26th April, 2002 10:48 PM

Quote:

Duckman, your site is nice. Damn.

I think I am going to use the following supplies:

MAZE3 Waterblock - $42

The Super Cube - $62.50

check a junk yard for a radiator, because that's some good coin for that one.

SiGmA_X 26th April, 2002 11:09 PM

It may be a little exspencive, but I can afford it, and I think it will help me greatly. I think that I can con my parents in to buying it for me, also, so that will save me the cash. But I will still look at the car automotive store before I buy it. They have some good small coolers.

mrpcman 27th April, 2002 12:51 AM

not an automotive store, a junk yard. there you could pick one up for a few bucks if your lucky. do that and spend the rest of the money on ram

SiGmA_X 27th April, 2002 01:54 AM

Great idea. I will have to look in to where junk yards are in Portland...

SiGmA_X 27th April, 2002 07:11 AM

Ah the Raidiators. Check these out, and tell me which one you think is better, and how many fans I would need for the least sound:
http://www.hwlabs.com/products/blackice2.htm - My guess is 2x120mm on the same side

http://www.hwlabs.com/products/blackice.htm - My guess is 1x120mm on one side (Push, or Pull?), maybe one on each side?

Duckman 27th April, 2002 11:27 AM

Unless you're planning on using TECs, you won't need a bigger radiator than the last one...really

SiGmA_X 27th April, 2002 06:00 PM

So the Black Ice should be just fine?

mrpcman 27th April, 2002 09:41 PM

that's way more then enough. i still say give a just yard a try though.

SiGmA_X 27th April, 2002 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mrpcman
that's way more then enough. i still say give a just yard a try though.
I'll look in to the junk yard idea first, but I wanted to know if the Black Ice would be enought to cool a heavly OC'd AMD. Thank you

mrpcman 28th April, 2002 05:51 AM

Quote:

I'll look in to the junk yard idea first, but I wanted to know if the Black Ice would be enought to cool a heavly OC'd AMD. Thank you

more then enough.

The Spyder 28th April, 2002 05:53 AM

I picked up a Black Ice for $3 at a junkyard- also i think ill get the Blue- Blackice Rad- looks sweet and will fit great in sigma's case :-D (Im buyinf his lian-li from him- i think-
SPyder

SiGmA_X 28th April, 2002 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Spyder462
I picked up a Black Ice for $3 at a junkyard- also i think ill get the Blue- Blackice Rad- looks sweet and will fit great in sigma's case :-D (Im buyinf his lian-li from him- i think-
SPyder

First off, why buy a second BlackIce?

If you are interested in the case, please go here to bid.

mrpcman 29th April, 2002 01:44 AM

Quote:

First off, why buy a second BlackIce?

If you are interested in the case, please go here to bid.

two rad's never hurt anybody. I ran that sort of setup a couple years back, but ran outa room.

The Spyder 29th April, 2002 01:53 AM

Cause mine looks like crap- and its used in cooling my pIII 733-
Spyder

CooledByWater 5th May, 2002 04:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I use a push/pull rad setup to cool my t-bird. I have tried it without the push fan and the temps climb about 2c. I am using two Panaflo 120mm/86 CFM fans.

SiGmA_X 7th May, 2002 01:50 AM

Heres my latest idea ;)

I would get some small case (Possiably a Lian Li PC-30, or some other MicroATX) and fit it with a BlackIce, a Ehime 1250 (I think thats the one) and a project box res. I would toss it all in the small case and coat the inside of that case with rubber, to reduice the sound. The mini case would have 1/2" tubes running in and out my computer (Hopefuly a Lian Li PC-71 by swummer :)).

This idea is because I beleive that it would reduice the sound and also make the water stay cooler, because there would not be all the exter heat from the computers components..

mrpcman 7th May, 2002 03:39 AM

Quote:

Heres my latest idea ;)

I would get some small case (Possiably a Lian Li PC-30, or some other MicroATX) and fit it with a BlackIce, a Ehime 1250 (I think thats the one) and a project box res. I would toss it all in the small case and coat the inside of that case with rubber, to reduice the sound. The mini case would have 1/2" tubes running in and out my computer (Hopefuly a Lian Li PC-71 by swummer :)).

This idea is because I beleive that it would reduice the sound and also make the water stay cooler, because there would not be all the exter heat from the computers components..

so instead you have you have the same amount of componets in a smaller area? The main downside i see with this is typical micro atx system means less power and whatnot. other then that it's a good idea. :)

The Spyder 7th May, 2002 06:07 AM

The cabling- tubing- and supplies even go past ur budget bud-
Spyder