AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 9th November, 2001, 12:55 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

Dual Athlon board with 64bit PCI?

I've heard rumours that EPoX is going to release a dual athlon board that has 64bit PCI in the next few weeks. Any truth to these rumours?

AidanII
Old 9th November, 2001, 06:46 PM

Send a message via ICQ to proze

ooooooooooooh, baby!! that would a nice thing indeed!!

Duron 600@1102 (105*10.5), Asus A7V, 256MB generic RAM at 140mhz 2-2-2, MTS Glaciator II, Creative GF Pro, Awesome no-name 300W PSU.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th November, 2001, 07:31 PM
EPoX Tech

Watch this space.....................
Old 9th November, 2001, 08:36 PM

It *WAS* up on the main EPoX site, but then the link disappeared. How long to the release then?

AidanII
Old 9th November, 2001, 10:36 PM
EPoX Tech

All that I can say at present is to watch this space - you will like the specification.
Old 9th November, 2001, 10:59 PM

On the new board, will the 64 bit PCI slots support both 5v and 3.3v PCI? I'm a little concerned, as I have at least one 64bit/66MHz card that is 5V only.

The info I've seen on the Gigabyte GA-7DPXDW suggests it's 64bit PCI slots will only support 3.3v.

AidanII

Last edited by Áedán; 9th November, 2001 at 11:10 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10th November, 2001, 12:15 AM

Send a message via ICQ to dimmreaper Send a message via AIM to dimmreaper

Aidan, please don't pry, I'm sure ET will tell us what we are allowed to hear as he is permitted to tell us. Be patient, it's difficult I know, but it is at times necessary . . .

Wishing you were someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain

AOA Team fah
Old 10th November, 2001, 12:58 AM

Given that the specs were posted on their web site for a little while before removal, and given that the Gigabyte board specs are known, as well as the Tyan Tiger specs...

Of the two, the Tyan does support 5V 64bit PCI slots, and the Gigabyte does not. If the EPoX does not, then it's not a purchase choice.

AidanII
Old 10th November, 2001, 09:23 AM
EPoX Tech

As stated on numerous occasions before to fall on deaf ears it would seem - watch this space.
Old 10th November, 2001, 09:31 AM

Send a message via ICQ to dimmreaper Send a message via AIM to dimmreaper

Quote:
Originally posted by EPoX Tech
watch this space
God knows I will, I got the go ahead to install a "small" network in the office at the shop. This means free power for a folding@home box or two, might as well make 'em SMP boxes, budget permitting of course . . . .

Wishing you were someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain

AOA Team fah
Old 10th November, 2001, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EPoX Tech
As stated on numerous occasions before to fall on deaf ears it would seem - watch this space.
Heh. It's not actually fallen on deaf ears, just slightly concerned ears. You should see me when I get really worried!

I'm watching.

AidanII