AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 5th December, 2002, 08:26 PM

Unhappy Posting C1 on 8k9a+ after installing xp USB drivers

Had some probelms putting the memory into my system and getting it to post. Changed PSU but still a memory problem but I got round it by upping the voltage to +.2v. And lowering the DRAM settings as follows:

DRAM CAS Latency lowered to 1.5
Bank Interleave disabled
Trp to 2T
Tras to 5T
Trcd to 3T
Burst Length to 4
Queue Depth to 2 level
Command rate to 1T
Write recovery to 2T
tWTR to 1T

These were the only settings that appeared to work

Finally got XP installed and everything seemed fine until I installed 4 USB drivers - scanner, flash reader - for camera and printer. Installed all in one go and the system wouldn't post.

Opened the cover and on reboot system was stuck on 52h

Reset CMOS and pulled all plugs out except keyboard, monitor and monitor and set up the settings as before. System posted and XP restarted at login. Booted in safe mode and system failed to boot. Booted from XP CD and similar failure.

Reseated memory and now I am getting C1 to C0 for an instant - back to C1 and loud beeps every 3 seconds or so.

Any ideas? Is my stick knackered - and why would it now have become more knackered - all anti-static precautions taken - powered-off and unplugged power cord prior to memory reseating.

Am getting an RMA for it - but I just want to be sure I haven't overlooked something. Do distributors send out previously returned memory sticks just to have a go!? http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif

Thanks in advance.

AMD Athlon XP "Thoroughbred" 2200+
Epox EP-8K9AI (Socket A) Motherboard
Zalman Flower CNPS6000-CU 'Silent' CPU Cooler
Corsair 512MB DDR XMS3200
Western Digital Caviar 40GB Special Edition
ASUS V9180 Magic 64MB Geforce 4 MX 440-8X (AGP)
Sparkle FSP300-60BT 300W ATX Power Supply - AMD Approved

Last edited by pingu7931; 5th December, 2002 at 08:31 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!