AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11th November, 2001, 06:24 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jason|Pro

EPoX tech guy my new bios updated screwed up my oc

i got a 8kta3+ remember you told me to flash my bios to newest version so i did and now it wont even boot at over 140 fsb it says its a xp 1900 then and now im mad it use to be at 150 fsb 1.85 volt stable now it wont even boot into bios ?? whats the dealio
2 40 gig ibm 60 gxp in raid 0
ASUS GF3 Deluxe
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11th November, 2001, 08:14 PM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via ICQ to Betty Send a message via MSN to Betty

Yikes. Are you sure you had the correct bios?
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming... Boy, What a ride!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11th November, 2001, 09:09 PM
Systems Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Superman

Re: EPoX tech guy my new bios updated screwed up my oc

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason|Pro
i got a 8kta3+ remember you told me to flash my bios to newest version so i did and now it wont even boot at over 140 fsb it says its a xp 1900 then and now im mad it use to be at 150 fsb 1.85 volt stable now it wont even boot into bios ?? whats the dealio
When it posts what are the BIOS identification numbers at the bottom of the screen. That should help identify what BIOS you're using.

For the record, the latest BIOS on the Epox site is dated 10-19-01.

"You have to go outside the sequence of engines, into the world of men, to find the real originator of the rocket. Is it not equally reasonable to look outside nature for the real Originator of the natural order?
-C.S. Lewis

Director of JavaScript section of the Allied Sites Support Team, web designer and programmer for DaOCPlace, and co-web designer and programmer for AOA Files

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Old 12th November, 2001, 07:32 AM
EPoX Tech

Please note - whilst offering overclocking advice and help, our BIOS updates are not designed to "screw" your overclock as it were.

A BIOS update that impairs overclocking performance may have been administered in order to improve compatibility or stability issues with other devices. You must appreciate the remit of the BIOS engineer - Not to keep only Jason | Pro happy, but to keep everyone happy.
Old 12th November, 2001, 07:58 AM

why ?? i just wana know why they made it so you cant go over 140 fsb??? thats not right man i thought epox boards were good ocers my bios dont even boot at over 140 now because of this new bios update which all it does is say xp 1800 xp 1900 and wont let it go over xp1900=140fsb thats dumb
ASUS GF3 Deluxe
Old 12th November, 2001, 08:00 AM

Send a message via ICQ to dimmreaper Send a message via AIM to dimmreaper

Why not just go back to the old BIOS Jason? EPoX's FTP server keeps all the old ones around(even though they are not listed on the BIOS update webpages).

Wishing you were someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain

AOA Team fah

Last edited by dimmreaper; 12th November, 2001 at 08:04 AM.
Old 12th November, 2001, 08:13 AM
EPoX Tech

I would imagine that the multiple Dimms may have some bearing on this too. Athlon XP's support in the new BIOS and the different way in which it addresses the Nothbridge and consequently the memory are a major factor in why some people cannot o/c the FSB more on PC133 solutions with Athlon XP.

Some people with poor PC133 memory are unable to Athlon XP past 124MHz FSB due to quality issues with their dimms. I understand that you have Mushkin, but you must also appreciate that there are not many people with PC133 SDRAM using XPenabled BIOSes that are pushing much more than 133MHz.
Old 12th November, 2001, 08:15 AM

Ive got 3 sticks of mushkin REV3+ 256 which is pretty dang close to top of the line dimms

Do they have a onboard raid xp driver yet??
ASUS GF3 Deluxe
Old 12th November, 2001, 08:23 AM
EPoX Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason|Pro
Ive got 3 sticks of mushkin REV3+ 256 which is pretty dang close to top of the line dimms
I still do not think that you have listened to what I typed.