AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11th November, 2001, 10:32 PM

Slight annoying prob

hi there,

I'm getting an unusual yet annoying problem with my display card (which i never got with my other motherboard)
basically when i leave my computer for a while I come back and find my screen going blank then on again, the monitor power doesnt go off just the actual graphics, then a second later it comes back again, it does it every 5-6 seconds and it isn't intermittant either, when i move my mouse it stops... the graphics card is properly seated and the cable is firmly attached to the back of the card etc and ive done the usual palava like switching off all the options for standby and monitor power saving mode.. ive tried changing video drivers and it makes no difference..whats causing this??

p.s my card is a sparkle geforce II gts 32mb

Edit: I didnt put what motherboard I had
It's an EPoX 8KHA+ with an athlon xp 1700+

cheers
mark

Last edited by Gibber; 12th November, 2001 at 12:02 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11th November, 2001, 11:48 PM

Anyone have any ideas? I'm puzzled to what it could be
Old 12th November, 2001, 07:19 AM
EPoX Tech

It seems that your graphics card is having difficulty with ACPI operand on the modern chipset.

Have you tried another grapohics card in the board to different effect ?

Do you have the latest BIOS installed?
Old 12th November, 2001, 06:04 PM

Hi there,
Thanks for the response,
I have the latest version of the 8KHA+ BIOS (11/02/2001) and I have the latest graphics card BIOS too.
I've tried various different monitors but I get the same problem, It seemed to work fine on my Chaintech 7AJA0 SoA board, I modified the graphics BIOS to enable side band addressing but that also worked fine on the chaintech, could this be the cause with this motherboard? I've reflashed the BIOS with it disabled (from the sparkle site) and I will let you know if it cures the problem.
I haven't tried another graphics card yet but I will do in due course if I have no success with this one.

Cheers
Mark
Old 12th November, 2001, 07:27 PM

Ive just tried another AGP graphics card (voodoo banshee) and the display is still flickering after around 15-20 mins of the computer being idle, even on different monitors...
this is definatly a motherboard problem... any ideas what it could be?